Past 34

"Is this a terrorist organisation?" she said nothing.

"ANSWER ME AVNI."

"Yes, It is." she mumbled looking straight into my eyes. I was shocked at her answer. I knew it was something of this sort but acceptance is a huge thing.

"That means you are working for this... this organisation." I stammered. I dreaded the answer.

She took out her phone and moved it around the room. What the fuck does she think she is doing. Is there some joke going on here? She was so badly testing my patience.

"SHUT THAT THING UP. JUST FUCKING ANSWER ME DAMN IT." I yelled. I don't know what came over me.

"STOP SHOUTING." Avni screeched back.

"What's all this commotion about?" I saw Naina enter in through the door followed by Karan.

"What are you doing here Karan?" My face was still burning with all that anger.

"I just came in with them." He pointed towards Naina. "We were outside talking. What are you doing out here?" he wriggled his eyebrows at me, teasingly. I was in no mood for this.

"I just came here for some work, but found something really, really interesting." I clenched my teeth looking at Avni.

"Found what?" Naina inquired.

"Oh. Nothing serious." Avni brushed away the topic smiling at her.

I didn't want everyone to know about it. I knew that Avni would be in danger if she is a part of a terrorist camp, but I had no other choice. I was working for my country. Only to save a friend, I couldn't put all the innocent lives in danger. 

"Its serious Avni. Don't try this stupid tricks anymore." she diverted her eyes back to me, pleading not to tell them anything.

"OK.. Guys. Stop talking in riddles. What is it?" Karan asked.

"She is working for a terrorist organisation."  I said bluntly.

"What?" Naina gasped. "Is this some kind of joke?" Karan said turning serious.

"Of course this is a joke. Abhi has gone insane. Come on this is not funny." Naina replied back.

"I am not being funny. I found proofs in her chat." I confirmed. I felt that something was wrong but I couldn't find what.

"It was not my chat for God's sake Abhi." Avni protested.

"Oh really? Then whose were they? Why did you shut it off then?" I argued.

"I shut it off because.." she stopped. "Damn." her face turned white, at the realization of something.

"What the hell did I do? Fuck." she pulled at her hair. She went near her laptop, but hesitated to open it.

 She went near her laptop, but hesitated to open it