Past 18

I heard a knock at the door. "Ignore Abhi.. ignore." I mumbled to myself in sleep. But whoever that irritating person was, he again knocked. Uff!! What the hell! Can't a mortal sleep in peace? I raised my head and looked at the clock kept on my bed. It showed 7:30 in the morning.

I swear, if its Avni again, I will carry her to the bathroom, pour a bucket of cold water over her head and then lock the door till its time to leave.

That irritating person again knocked the door. I groaned and crawled out of my bed on all fours tagging the bed cloth with me. Ya, I know I am damn lazy. I opened the door to see a shocked peon standing there. He stared at me as if he had seen a ghost.

I looked down at myself, and at once hid behind the door- with just my head in view. I was shirtless, but that doesn't matter as he is a man too. But I was wearing those extremely embarrassing sponge bob boxers, that belonged to Arnab. We boys believe in sharing. 

I raised my eyebrows at him indicating as to why he came. "Principal asked for you in his office. Now." he said once he was out of his shock and went away hurriedly without even waiting for an answer. Thank god it wasn't Avni. I will dress up grandly before going to bed from now on. (Just kidding!) 

------------------------

Ten minutes later, I knocked at Princi's office. I went in to see Avni already present there. What did she do now? Don't tell me she placed a transmitter in Princi's room.

"Come in Abhi!" Wow, Princi called me Abhi? He doesn't seem angry. That means Avni was sane enough not to do anything stupid.

I looked at Avni while sitting at the chair. Her face looked pale and tired. The dark circles were more prominent than ever. What is she doing to herself? Is she not sleeping? Is she sick?

 What is she doing to herself? Is she not sleeping? Is she sick?

"So." I heard Princi's voice. I turned my face towards him, will ask Avni the reason later. "You don't have to go to the academy. Get your luggage packed."

"What?" we both cried in unison. We won't go to academy and we would pack our luggage. That means we will leave the college. Where will we stay? I mean we can live at my flat. But still.

"What what?" Princi asked. "Get your luggage packed. I will send the application to your parents about you leaving the college." he added plainly.

"But Sir." Avni started in a pleading tone. "We have already informed our parents about our change of stream. We have to join the academy now. We can't leave. I know we have to leave the college. But why won't we go to the academy? Where would we go?"

Princi looked at her and then started laughing. Did he fell down from somewhere and hurt his head? "Ha.. ha.. chill. Don't be so tensed. You need to leave this college to join a new college of course. But you won't be leaving the academy. You don't have to go to the academy today because you have to pack your luggage to leave for a new accommodation tomorrow."

Phew thank god!! I thought we would be living on the streets. This old man can joke too. I smiled at that thought.

"But there is an important matter to discuss." he again turned serious. "You need to be sent out of this college you know. You both can just leave the college. But I can't find any real reasons why both best friends would leave together at the same time and choose different stream. This may raise doubts, and that's the last thing we would want for now. So if you have any suggestions, you could give it." Princi looked at us expectantly.

I thought about it and I don't know why, but my pervert mind came into action,"What about you say that we were expelled from the college because you caught us making out in the main hall." I said standing up, thinking it to be a brilliant idea.

As soon as I did that, I felt a sharp stinging pain in my leg. And I fell down on the cold floor. "Aaahh.. Avni!! Oh god!" I cried in pain. Avni's legs are made of iron. It pained so much. Oh gosh! It really felt as if my leg were pulled out of my body.

"No violence here." Princi scolded her lightly. That was mean. She should be sent to prison for torturing a poor selfless human.

"Sorry sir." Avni apologized. "But how can you say something like that? You dimwit." she growled at me.

"Then what else excuse is there?" I grumbled getting up. I wasn't even able to form a correct line. My legs were dead. "Who would believe any other excuse?" I continued sitting on the chair. "Should I say you failed? You were caught drinking or smoking? Or maybe taking drugs? Do you think anyone would believe a word of it? You seem like someone who has bathed in holy water. If it was me, they might have just believed."

"Then, if no one will believe these things, how can you expect them to believe that I slept with you?" Avni argued back.

"Because its tough for humans to control their desires. And specially if the partner is so handsome. Its human nature." I smirked raising up my collar. Princi kept staring at us, amused.

"No. This is insane. I won't be thrown out of this college in disgrace. No matter what." Avni said determined. She didn't disagree to the fact that I was handsome. That means she too agrees that I am handsome. *grin*"And moreover people will remember it for ever if we put it in this way. Because this is also human nature to remember the bad things we come across. We can't risk that." 

"Then do you have any other suggestion?" Princi asked her at last breaking his silence.

"Of course I have." Avni started. "You can say that I have monetary problems and can't afford studying here anymore. So I am going to change my stream. And people will believe it looking at my fashion sense. And as for Abhi.." she looked at me "..you can say that you expelled him because of his bad attendance. After all he said that people might believe it about him."

"Right Avni. As usual, the best suggestion." Princi praised her. As usual? When did he hear her suggestions?

"And moreover if you are thinking about what will be written in the application that we will send to your parents. Then don't worry, we won't provide any reasons. I am sure you already have let them know why you want to change it." he said understandingly.

"Now, go and pack your luggage. Don't forget anything. You won't be coming here again. The luggage would be picked up in the evening and you will be escorted to your new accommodation tomorrow morning. Tomorrow would be the start to a new journey of life." he smiled.

**************************

Hey hey readers!!!

I am so happy. Thanks a ton for so much support. I had at last reached 1K reads. And I am so thankful for that. My day wasn't going quite good yesterday but because of your lovely support my day ended beautifully. After all jab anth bhala tho sab bhala meaning All's well that ends well.

I have just so many people to thank. The list is endless. I may not have lots of readers but I am heartily thankful to the one who reads my every update.

I don't know how this chapter was. It was more of a connecting chapter. I hope you liked it.

Do vote, comment and share.

Lots of love<3

Happy Reads!!