Past 6

"....Tringg... the number you are trying to call is currently not answering any calls. The recipients mailbox is full.Please try after sometime.. Beep...." I heard the phone operator at the other end.

"Damn man!!" I kicked the ground under me. I had been calling Avni since the last half hour and all that I could hear was the robotic voice of the operator. We had to be in the Secret Agency Bureau in an hour, and here she was not even answering her phone. She had the disgusting habit of not emptying her mailbox on top of all. Where the hell was she? She was never like this.

"Oh no!! She is isn't sick right?" I mumbled and as soon as that thought struck my head, I rushed across the campus and landed near Avni's room. With my velocity, I could have been mistaken for a Vampire.

I knocked on the door.. once... twice... thrice...NO answer.. What the hell!!! I tried the handle and the door opened. Okay.. No locks!! I peeped into the room, not sure if I should enter. Well, I couldn't see Avni there even.. Did she leave already? I wondered, as I entered the room anyway to check if her backpack was there or not.
Yes!! Her back pack was on the chair.. Where was she, then?

I heard a door open behind me. I turned around quickly, only to feel my eyes popping wide open. Avni was standing near the bathroom door, her face shocked, wrapped in a towel which barely reached her mid-thigh.. water dripping on her fair neck from her slightly wet hair, which was tied in a bun. Her half naked body was a feast to behold. I could just die right now and not even regret it.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Avni's scream brought me back to reality.

"I..um..umm" I stammered not being able to focus on my words. She looked so innocently distracting. Her pretty face burning in anger.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE" Avni shouted fuming

"GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE" Avni shouted fuming. You could imagine 'the emoji with smoke coming out of its nostrils' by just looking at her.
" Don't you have any freaking manners? Aren't you supposed to knock that damn door? Just get lost."

I stumbled out of her room without a word, and she slammed the door right in my face

I stumbled out of her room without a word, and she slammed the door right in my face. What's with her? What's got into her? Its not like I have seen any really private part. I see her almost every day in shorts and thin sleeved tops. She can be surely weird sometimes.

Few minutes later, Avni came out of the room dressed in black jeans and army green jacket with a hood, her hair left open. She walked past me, not even sparing a glance. I went after her and patted her shoulder.

"Don't touch me." she snapped jerking her shoulder. OK.. Now that was annoying.

"I am not touching you Avni. Why are you angry?" I asked calmly.

"Can't you knock? Or call before coming? Don't you have a brain in that pretty little head of yours? Its useless to trust men." she scowled.

"I did knock.. thrice and I called about eight times and that means I do have a good little brain. But its a pity that some persons don't bother to check out details before blaming someone. They are so pathetic and ruthless." I said sarcastically looking straight ahead.

Avni kept silent..
"I am sorry." she mumbled seconds later, "I wasn't in the right mood. Didn't sleep well last night. Really sorry. " looking at me.

I looked at her and could clearly see her tulip shaped eyes gone sore and dark circles underneath it. She never applied make up so those were clearly visible.

"Is something the matter?" I asked her concerned. She seemed kind of sick.

"It's nothing. Please don't ask. I am sorry." she mumbled turning her face the other way.

"Its OK." I dismissed the matter. "Lets go! We need to be at the Bureau."

That lit up Avni's face.
"Oh!! Ya.. Someone is quite eager." she teased.
"Anyway, I will drive" she stated showing her palm to me, demanding the keys to my Royal En-field. Ya, I owned one. It was a gift from my uncle. He is a richie rich..

I handed her the keys without a doubt. She drove really well.. even better than me. And the speed was never a matter to her. Though she never told me yet how she learnt to ride it so well.

We reached the parking area. She went towards my bike and swung her leg over to sit down.. God!! That was one sexy pose. She started it and I sat behind her placing my hand on her thigh. She growled at me but didn't say anything. And of course, I didn't mind. I got a chance to touch her. Talk about being a pervert.

An hour's journey and we reached in 40 minutes. Question Avni's speed for that. She parked the bike in front of the huge ISB Headquarter, and professionally walked up to the guards. The guards eyed us suspiciously. Avni took out the card that Princi gave her and said "Hello Sir!! I am Avni Deb from National College of Technology. Principal Jagmohan sent us to meet someone we don't know. If you could just connect us to them?"

The guard asked for her ID and she handed both the ID and the card. He inspected them, handing them back to Avni, he asked us to look at the camera in front of the gate and after receiving confirmation on his blue tooth that was attached to his ear, told us to enter and ask for Mr. Mohan at the reception. Thank God! he didn't ask for my ID, I forgot to bring it.

"Thank you Sir!!" Avni smiled and went in.

"Thank you Sir??" I asked her once we were out of ear shot. "Why Sir him? He is just a guard."

Avni smirked at me. "Each and every guard here is a trained soldier of a junior post. They can kick your butt off in a second, leaving behind few broken bones in your system."
I stared at her unable to say anything. I am definitely going to bring my ID next time.

We entered the building which was like huge, and everyone was dressed so elegantly with blue tooth connected to their ears and IDs clipped to their pockets. I felt like a lost child. I looked at Avni to see her eyes sparkling with an unknown emotion. We reached the reception at the far end of the hall like room and asked for Mr. Mohan.
Soon later, we found ourselves outside his office.

Avni took a deep breath and  knocked at the door. It slide open on its own. We walked in and saw a man, sitting on a revolving chair, talking on the phone. Mr. Mohan Head Adviser as stated by the name plate on his desk motioned to us to wait.

*************

Hey Lovely Readers!!

I am back with another update. A long one I guess. Abhi is messing up quite a lot. I hope you liked it.

Please do vote and comment and share.. Please Please.. You guys are the best.. A huge thanks to Archita Paul for the wonderful cover pic and for being an amazing reader. And thank you all who is reading this story.. Do keep on being this wonderful.. Love you all..

Happy Reads!!