Past 7

"No.. no.. We already made the deal." he said.

Half an hour had passed by and we were still waiting and he was still talking on the phone. I looked at Avni, she didn't seem to be bothered. On the other hand, I kept shifting from one foot to the other. Who the hell talks on the phone for that long?
OK.. Fine, girls do. But he is a man.
Oh no no... He must be ignoring us after asking for us. Such a jerk. Keep on doing that Mr. keep on. Once you put down that gruesome phone, Avni would eat your head up. I was a good sort, I wouldn't do anything.  But Avni was Savage. She was keeping quiet, just bottling up her energy and anger.... and..

I kept on thinking all the stupid, sarcastic thoughts of the world for ten more minutes, when he at last kept his phone down and looked at us.

"So, how did your first test go?" he started.

Test?! What test? College test? It sucked for me obviously. But why would he ask that? Just like interview for job, I suppose. But, our final was not done yet!

I waited for Avni to rain the thunder storm on his big head, for making us wait for so long. But instead...
"It went well enough Sir. Patience is very important, as I come to know at this point. It was a bit tough for us, as we are not used to it. But its a start anyway." Avni smiled. I looked at her and shook my head. I am very disappointed with you Avni. What the hell are you talking about? Standing for him to finish his call for almost 50 freaking minutes. A test? Of patience? This people are strange just like her. She could only understand them.

"Good.." he smiled at Avni. "You seemed to have got the drift. You may take a seat." motioning to a chair across the table.

"Thank you Sir!!" I said. At last some contribution.

"So, Jagmohan sent me that hacking project. Impressive." he stated once we were seated. "Why do you want to be a secret agent? When you know its full of danger?" he inquired. We didn't know about that. We were pushed as of now. I mentally screamed.

Avni cleared her throat.
"Sir, my mother was a police officer. Brave and a nation lover. She died on duty, due to some sort of attack. I should be hating this thing because it killed my mother, but I can't. Its the only thing that brings me closer to her. And I know she would be so proud of me. I did like to try to serve my country, if you permit and if I am capable enough." she ended, her tone low and a little weak.

I never knew about that too. She surely had some secrets.

"OK!" he nodded "And you?" he asked me.

"Um... umm.. I did like to serve this nation too, Sir that is if I could be of any help". I stammered. I knew it didn't please him a lot but still he nodded. The only real reason was that, I wanted to be with Avni, wherever she went.

"Do you both know any sort of martial art or anything? Ever trained in any sort of fight?" he asked raising his eyebrow.

"Yes Sir. I had some training in Karate and Judo. And am a Karate State Championship title holder." Avni said as a matter of fact. As usual the first one to answer.

"I, too can fight, somewhat.." I blurted out, not wanting to be left behind.

Mr. Mohan nodded and got up from the chair and while walking towards us said, "You must know and should be informed about the dangers behind this occupation. You have to keep your identity a secret.. even yourself in most cases. You may get killed on duty, if you are not careful or if somebody finds out about you."
We nodded.
He continued "This should be kept a secret from your family and closed ones even. You are going to serve the country as an undercover agent. There is no safety here. Once you sign the contract, you give your life to this job and your motherland, no one will be held responsible for your death. If you agree, you are in. Otherwise you are free to leave." he said, pointing to the door.
"But mind it! You speak to no one about this.. No one."

After this, threatening speech, I was ever so ready to jump off the chair and flee out of that building. But, Avni seemed to be in a different world. She stayed rooted to her place. Was she being serious? She wanted to do this job? Risking her life?

Avni looked up and opened her mouth.. but before she could say anything Mr. Mohan stated, "You may take a day to think about it. Report me tomorrow, same time and no delay. If you are ready by then, you will sign the contract and you will be further informed about the secret stuffs. For now, you both are dismissed." he finished waving his hand, indicating to us to pick up our ass and leave the room.

Avni nodded getting up from her chair. I followed her.
"We will report tomorrow." Avni mumbled, before moving out and closing the door behind her.

*************

Yoo Hoo Readers!! Another update.

I hope you liked it.. Please please comment.. vote and share.. 

Thanks a lotttt to Houston149 for the beautiful cover pic.. Its the perfect one. I loved it. She makes awesome cover and is an awesome writer too. Do check out her works everyone, they are truly killer.

Love you loads.. Don't forget to comment and vote.. 

Happy Reads!!♡♡