Past 13

"New Trainees, you need to take the elevator to the 13th floor, then turn left to hall no. 104. You will meet the other trainees out there too. All the best." The receptionist directed us and again got busy in her work.

We thanked her and made out way to the elevator. I rubbed my eyes, I was still so sleepy- while Avni looked as fresh as a flower. Once we were in the elevator I looked at her and glared, she turned the other side smiling cheekily. Today's motive was to hate Avni after what she did to me this morning.

----------------------------------------------

"Abhiii.. wake up now" I heard Avni calling me.   "Five more minutes.." I answered back in my sleep.

"Come on Abhi. Get up . We will be late." she again called tugging at my leg trying to pull me out. She had already switched off the fan thinking that I will get up in the heat, but well, I won't. I am a fighter.

"We won't be Avni. Just a few more minutes." I pleaded. I couldn't just wake up now. I was in the middle of a hot dream.

"OK. Fine." I heard Avni walk away. At last some peace. Moments later I heard the tap running. Oh! That was in my dream. But then.. splashhhhhh...

"What the f*cking hell?" I jumped up the bed. My clothes soaked in water. I looked at my bed sheet, it looked as if I had taken a bath in my bed.

I glanced at Avni. She kept the bucket down. Placing one hand on her hip, she showed the watch on the other hand to me. "We are going to be late if you don't hurry."

I rubbed my hand over my wet face and looked at her watch. It showed 7:05 am, while our appointment was at 9 am. This just got on my nerves.

"WHAT THE FUCK! ITS JUST 7 AM. YOU WOKE ME 2 HOURS EARLIER SAYING THAT WE ARE LATE. POURING AN ENTIRE BUCKET OF WATER. WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?" I shouted at Avni, making her cringe a bit. I had never raised my voice at her.

She slowly bought her watch near her eyes and looked at the time. Her lips formed an 'O' and her eyes widened. She looked up at me and smiled uncomfortably. "You know what, go to sleep. We have lots of time." she mumbled, pushing me to the wet bed and placing my head on the wet pillow, she patted my forehead trying to make me sleep. 

I couldn't help but smile at her antics. Even though I loved the feel of her hand and would have fallen asleep in any other situation, I couldn't just sleep in a wet bed in wet clothes. I caught her hand and sat up. I looked at her. Her baffled face looked so cute to me.

"No need. I am already wide awake. You almost bathed me. Just give me a soap, I will have a bath right here on my bed." I joked.

"No.. no.. get in" she shook her head vigorously pointing to the bathroom door. I chuckled at that.

I took the bucket and entered the bathroom. I bathed an extra 20 minutes than the normal time to tease her. Actually I almost fell asleep under the shower.

--------------------------------------------------

Ding- the elevator sounded indicating that we had reached our floor. By then we had two more people with us.

They got out with us on the same floor, they turned to the left while we turned right to hall no. 104.

A guard standing on the entrance of the hall checked our IDs and let us in. Whats with so much security?

When we entered the hall, we witnessed the sight of about 20-25 more people of our age waiting in there.

"They must also be the trainees like us." Avni whispered to me. I nodded and took our place among them.

Some smiled while some just flashed a blank look.

After about 5 minutes, at exactly 9 am, Mr. Mohan entered the hall with two more figure- a man and a woman. I recognized them as the people who were with us in the elevator.

"She is Miss Kiran and here is Mr. Singh." he introduced motioning to the two individuals. "You are going to train under them. They will let you know what to do."

"Anyway, Trainees.. Welcome to the world of Secrets." Mr. Mohan said and exited the hall. 

*****************

Updates.. Updates!!!

I suppose I am indeed making up for the long wait.

I dedicated the story to loveanime2002 for her support. Check out her book guys. I had fun reading 'Good days, Bad days'. Try it out.

And I choose Ajay Devgan and Vidya Balan for the role of Mr. Singh and Miss Kiran as they will be in the journey for long.

Anyway stay tuned, the real journey to the world of secrets will be starting..

 Do comment, vote and please do share. I will dedicate  the chapters one by one to the readers (especially to the one who comments) for their awesome support and for being such a sweetheart.

Lots of love and thanks a lot once again..

Happy Reads!!