Past 28

Earlier

                  I was about to go after Avni, when I heard Mrs. Khan call out my name. I went towards her smiling.

"I want to talk about Avni." she started once I reached her. I nodded. There weren't many students present in the class then. Almost everyone was satisfied with their result and have gone out to celebrate.

"I will come straight to the point." I nodded again. She continued, "As far as I came to know Avni's character, she won't tell you her problems. Or to be more specific anybody her problems." I knew that about Avni.

"She lost her mother when she was a kid. She didn't have anyone to place a motherly hand over her, to guide her as a mother would do. Maybe that's the reason she turned out so out of the girls world." She paused. What the fuck? Avni didn't have a mother. And living together for so many months, no one of us knew that. I doubt whether Abhi knows about it. She is so distant normally, and active and full of life only during training or when she is hard at work. Was this the reason?

I didn't know what to say. I felt a sisterly bond forming in my heart for Avni. "What do you want me to do?" I asked. I would do anything to give her what she missed since so long.

"Just motivation and help."  How do I do that? "For it you need someone else." Whom? I saw Mrs. Khan look behind me. I turned around to see Sanaya Talwar walking towards us. She? Will she agree to help? She didn't look like the person who would.

"Yes ma'am?" she beamed at Mrs. Khan. "Oh! Naina.. Congratulations." she smiled when she noticed my presence, holding out her hand for a shake. Not a bad sort. "You too" I smiled back shaking her hand.

"Sanaya, I need you to do something for us." Ma'am pointed her fingers between me and herself.

"Of course ma'am. Anything." She also must be worshiping ma'am type. Didn't even ask what she was needed for.

Mrs. Khan flashed a smile and then detailed out the plan to us.

"We can just insult her fashion sense. Why bring her parents in between?" Sanaya asked, not liking the idea of being so hurtful.

"That won't do." I intervened. "Fashion is the last thing that would ever bother Avni.

"Right." ma'am agreed. "You need to hit the weak spot.

"Hope so she won't hate me." Sanaya mumbled walking out. I took my leave too and went searching for Avni.

-----------------------------

"Here." I handed a coffee cup to Avni.  "What took you so long?" she asked nonchalantly sipping the almost cold coffee. "Uh! Just congratulations! Well done!" I lied throwing away my cup of hot coffee turned cold in the bin nearby.

She took it in. "Sorry, I forgot to congratulate you. Congratulations!!" she cried getting up and hugging me. Her coffee cup sharing the same fate as mine.

"Thank you.." I squeezed her. "We don't have any classes today. What don't we... hold on a sec." I stopped pulling out my iPhone which suddenly started ringing loudly. Karan calling.. the notification flashed on the screen. 

"Oh ho!!... I can smell something brewing up in here." Avni teased me. She wasn't a very good teaser, but still I could sense my cheeks turning red.

"Hello.." I picked up the call ignoring Avni and heard Karan's deep voice greeting me.

"HI.." I answered softly.

"Are you free right now?.. I mean.. I don't have any classes so." he sounded so flustered. Avni kept staring at me, her eyebrows raised. I silently growled at her.

"Uh.. huh.. Ya.. No classes. I and Avni were thinking of going for shopping."

"What? Avni? and shopping?" he asked. It surely was a big news to digest. "OK.. No problem. You mind if I join? I don't have anything else to do and I don't wanna return to the academy any sooner."

I grinned hearing that. Oh how I wished to do a happy dance now. "Of course. It might take a bit more time than the original. We have some important works." I tried saying it in a way so that it didn't sound as if we were going to be in exile in the shopping mall."

"I don't really... mind." he said dubiously. "You would be there anyway. And I would be coming alone. Abhi has a project to complete and I am already done. So, meet you at your college in 20 minutes?" he asked.

"What? Abhi won't be there?" I asked stretching on my question aiming it at Avni, teasing her. But she just shrugged her shoulder looking away. "Oh! 20 minutes sure. Meet you soon. Bye." I ended softly.

"Karan would be here. We.." I started explaining.

"I got it." Avni stopped me mid way. " I won't mind a love story anyway. You guys suit each other." she remarked.

"Really?" I cried jumping excitedly in my place.

"Just kidding" Avni said cutting down my excitement.

"I hate you." I scowled.

"Oh.. I love you too.." she smirked sweetly at me, as we walked towards the campus gate.

-----------------

15 minutes later, I, Avni and Karan were walking towards the shopping complex. Avni was walking a few distance away in front of us,earphones tugged at her ears. Probably giving some privacy. 

We walked silently beside each other. I could feel Karan's occasional gaze over me. God! I was feeling so.. shy. After sometime I felt something touch my finger slightly, I ignored it. But few seconds later, I felt it again- more distinctly. My heart beat quickened when I realized Karan's big manly hand slowing encircling mine. The feelings can't be described in words. I clasped his hand in return and raised my face to look at him. I saw his eyes resting on my face holding a satisfied smile. No one said a word.. But that silence carried the longest and the most heartfelt conversation ever.. full of unspoken feelings!

*********************

Updates!! Don't kill me.. I know I am late. Can't help with my busy schedule. Science and hobbies aren't quite good friends. They keep on clashing.

I promise the next chapter would be fun. Its the makeover time. Ya, you know Avni and fashion would be a hell lot of adventure, but with this booming love birds, it ought to be fun. 

Please do vote, comment and share. This story has a lot way to go!!!!

Love you lots<3

Happy Reads!!!