Past 25

"What? You guys were called 'the slutty couple'?" Naina asked shocked. We were then sitting at the dining table in our accommodation. We were all hell tired, so decided to worship our stomach first before going on to freshen up. The food smelt extra nice today. I kept on gobbling up the food on the table. Don't talk about table manners, the mice in my stomach was fighting a war!

"Ya we were." Sana answered smirking, taking a small bite off a piece of carrot. How can the girls think of diet when there was so many mouth watering food in front of you?  No.. not all girls, because Avni, on the other way, was also gobbling up the food..uh.. in a more civilized manner!

"The menu is different today. Not the usual healthy dieting stuffs and all. I wonder why?" I said biting off the flesh of a chicken leg piece. OK! when you say that, it sounds really gross.

"Actually, my father is one of the head members of ISB. So I requested him for this special dinner and he surprisingly agreed. He is quite on that fair treatment for everyone thing." Arnab said giving Sana a piece of that yummy chicken, which she denied of course.

"Then can you ask your dad to lessen our exercises?" It wasn't me who whined that. It was my aching body. Literally my entire body was covered in ice pack. To be truthful everyone had an ice pack- except for some seniors, Arnab, Karan and Avni. Are they made of iron?

"I can't" Arnab said shaking his head. "This is what you have signed for. And these are just the exercises. Its not even one-fourth of what you got to learn. Later, you would be learning martial arts- almost all forms. Military outdoor training, its far more fun though. Shooting too. And knife fighting, if you want to. Then there is theory class. You would probably meet my father there."

I gulped down the news, drinking a little water when the news became too dry to swallow ,"More? Why the hell are there theory classes and outdoor training? Isn't this enough?"

Arnab chuckled at that and Avni, at last diverted her concentration from her food, and smirked at me. "Did you think this was enough? You won't be even able to break the little finger of your enemy. The persons you will face later are professionally trained. They are fucking dangerous. With this exercise, you would be dead in a minute." Was it that bad? Or is he scaring me? "But don't worry about the exercises,  if will get better as your body would adjust. It won't pain anymore. And the outdoor training is like tasks as in reality shows, just on a far tough basis. And theories aren't about learning answers."

Naina stopped the discussion after he completed,"Chill Abhi! You will be fine. Now leave this discussion. Tell me, you guys knew that both were cheating on each other but was fine with it?" Why are the girls always so curious about this things? But this was something I wanted to know about too. We all turned our attention to Arnab and Sana.

They looked at each other and then at us. "Of course they were all a lie." Arnab started casually. "The girls- if you remember any of their faces were my partners in various assignments. It would be really suspicious to bring someone different every time. So we just made it seem like that."

"And then there were some clients too, related to the agency whom I normally met in hotels. Arnab used to join me later on. We had to do everything carefully so it was for that." Sana resumed.

"But, why didn't you guys change your stream like us? You know they can track you or something?" Karan asked right next.

"Maybe dad wanted us to get on with the risk." Arnab said thoughtfully.

"Or maybe keep you the safest." Avni spoke up. We all looked at her asking for details. "OK! Its like this. The 'enemies' as you put it would of course know that no agents would be kept linked with any obvious occupation. Not much attention would be given in that spot as no agents are allowed to continue in their last stream. And even if they track you, they would be lost because of your exited and crazy attitude behind that proper disciplined self. Your dad made sure that you were out of any danger." Avni ended and resumed eating.

"You are truly intelligent Avni. When I heard that you left, I knew it was for the agency. But the confusing part was about Abhi. Why would they chose him?" Arnab's facial expression showed that he was serious and that clearly pissed me off. I was about to burst out all abuses when Avni stopped me.

"Thanks and don't be so stupid Arnab. Everyone was chosen because they had something in them. Abhi too. Maybe we don't know but they know. He is capable of great things, if only he works hard." I mentally thanked Avni. I don't know if she was speaking the truth, but it surely made my day.

"How did you both meet?" Naina asked exited, calming the tensed atmosphere. Again with the girly talks. 

Sana smiled at her and started ," We are in this agency since 11 months. We joined it after our 1st semester exam. And we knew each other before we joined the college. Everything was already planed from earlier." Arnab just stared at her lovingly.

"So, I guess you both are in hacking too. But is Arnab any good in software or is he just here because his dad wanted him to?" I asked looking at Sana but indirectly aiming the question at Arnab.

"Ya, we are hackers. Arnab is a software maniac. Totally a genius. But he can't show it. Can't afford being on the lime light. On the other hand, I am not that good. But I just tagged along with him." Sana replied blushing.

Arnab held her shoulder strongly,"You know you are awesome too." That was really sweet.

"Aren't you all done with eating?" we heard the booming voice of the butler behind us. We looked at him and then around us. Everyone had already left. We all jumped up from the table and made our way to our room. God! my leg is freezing.

******************** 

I am really sorry for the late update! Just had quite a lot of work!

The next chapters would be just small occurrences of their other training. And about Avni's situations at her college. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Mostly about Arnab and Sana but it was needed.

I dedicate this chapter to Chaandreyee. She is an awesome sport. Check out her works too. 

Thanks for your wonderful support readers. Please vote, comment and share. I hope the story is worthy of your appreciations. 

Lots of love<3

Happy Reads!