Past 30

"Just put your hands down Avni." I mumbled pulling her hands down which were uplifted in the air by her side.

"I will lose my balance if I do so." she placed her hands up again by her side. "Why do I have to wear heels?"

"Its a must." I again pulled her hands down. "Here.. hold my arm." I encircled her left hand to my right. "Do not do that balancing tactic. Be confident. Stomach in, chest out."

"What!" she chocked.

"Nothing. Just walk." The footwear shopping was another hell of a journey. I  have never seen someone fall so many times while trying out heels. But it was the funniest thing ever. We bought heels for every occasion and of every type. "Imagine that you are wearing flats."

"OK!" she mumbled. "But flats aren't this painful. My legs are turning sore."

"Imagine that your flats have nails in them. That would help." Poor Avni. This was probably the worst day of her life.

"Umm girls." Karan called us from behind.

"Yes?" I smiled turning.

"I have some work to do. So while you finish whatever else you are left with, I will get over with mine. Call me." saying so he walked away.

"Where are we going?" Avni inquired at last putting her hands and pulling her dress down. I had asked her to wear one of the dresses we bought. Will help her get used to this type of clothing.

"Here." I pointed to the entrance of the Glam Up Beauty Salon. Makeover time!!

"What for?"

"Just a bit of hair styling that's all." Avni, you are going to kill me after you know what I am going to do to you.

"OK!" she agreed.

We entered to welcome ourselves to a posh parlor. Makeover may be quite painful, but yet bearable. If only hell was like this.

"May I help you?" an employee approached us. 'Nimrita' her id said.

"Yes Nimrita. My friend here needs a serious makeover. Like complete transformation. If you know what I mean." I gestured my eyes towards Avni.

Nimrita glanced at Avni from her head to toe. "I got it." she nodded. "From manicure-pedicure to waxing, hairstyle, spa everything right?"

"Ya right" I smiled. Hope so Avni doesn't understand the terms.

"Hold on! What do they mean? We are just here for hair styling na? "

Why are you so difficult Avni? "Chill! You will know everything."

"Good. Lets start with the hair styling then?" Nimrita offered. "I suppose ma'am you can decide her style." she looked at me.

"Call me Naina. And ya I would." After about 20 minutes later, we were done planning as to what we were going to make Avni go through, while she was curiously staring at her surrounding- unaware of our plan.

While I was looking at Avni, my phone started ringing.

"Hey Naina! Can you please come out? I have some work with you." I heard Karan's deep voice.

"Uh of course." I grinned disconnecting the call.

"I hope you can handle everything? I need to go." I asked Nimrita. She smiled nodding her little head.

"Where are you going?" Nosey Avni inquired. 

"Karan called." I informed. She smiled knowingly.

"But I will get bored." she whined.

"Umm! Guess what? Just watch 'Lana Steele, the makeup spy' episodes by Superwoman. Its just your type. You will learn a lot from it. I need to go. Bye." I rushed out before she could stop me.