Four

A/N: Please don't forget to comment and vote. :)

-

I make my way back to the lecture hall and to my surprise, the classes aren't locked. I decide to enter and sit down somewhere close to where we sat during our previous lecture. I pull a book out of my bag and started to read the next chapter of Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I've only read a few chapters but the story about Mare Barrow in the land of the silver bloods and red bloods has me hooked. Around 15 minutes later students start to enter the room and I place the book back into my bag as Harry and Ellie walk up to me and sit down again.

This lecture is a lot less interesting than the previous one. I can't really focus on anything the professor is saying, his voice is just so boring and very monotone. The student to my left has already fallen asleep and started to drool a little. When I look to my right I see Harry writing something down, he has been carrying a brown worn out leather journal around and I'm pretty sure he isn't writing things down that has anything to do with the lecture as he keeps scribbling something down but half of the words or sentences were crossed off with a heavy sigh from Harry. "What's that you're writing?" I whisper. Harry looks up at me and replies "Nothing." He seems frustrated. Was it because I asked about it? Or because he can't find the right words to write down? I make a mental note to ask Ellie about it some other time because I can't help being curious. I direct my attention back to our professor and try my best to listen and not to fall asleep like the neighbour to my left.

After 90 minutes the professor is finally done talking about some part of the history of English literature and all students are excused. I thought I would enjoy learning about the history of English literature but if he keeps teaching, I'm going to have a very hard time. At least, he doesn't give us any homework. The three of us walk towards the dorms when Harry receives a call and slows down his pace, the only words I'm able to hear are: Party, alcohol and fuck yes.

Niall and I have talked about getting out of your comfort zone yesterday, I feel spontaneous and speak before I can regret it. "Ellie, do you maybe want to go watch a movie and have dinner with me on Friday?" Ellie turns to me with a smile on her face. "Are you asking me out?" she questions. "Do you want me to ask you out?" Suddenly I feel shy again, a slight blush creeps up my cheeks. Maybe she hasn't been flirting with me after all. Maybe she was just being friendly. "I would love to go out with you, Louis!" Pfew. "I'll pick you up at 5?" I ask and see her nod. "I'll be ready!"

Harry runs up to us "Party, Friday, over at the white house and we're invited!" his breath coming out heavier. "Maybe we can go after we've gone out?" Ellie turns to me. "Sure, why not? But what is the white house?" I ask, not bothered who will answer "It's this big white house located on the edge of campus. A group of girls owns it and Sophie lives there." She explains. "You two are going out?" Harry asks as he's blatantly staring at us. We both nod in response. "As friends or on a date?" he questions "A date I dare say," I say, smiling at Ellie. "Okay, just make sure you come to the party afterwards. It'll be a blast." He replies and starts to pick up his pace.

We make it back to the dorms and I walk in on Niall doing some work on his laptop. I tell him about asking Ellie out, he's so excited that he actually started planning the date for me. "It's just dinner and a movie," I tell him. "It's the first step! What movie are you guys going to see?" Niall questions. I inform him about the cinema I found 10 miles off campus where they only show old movies. Niall agrees to come to the party with us afterwards because I've never been to a college party and I have no clue what to expect. Not that I have been to many high school parties but alright.

The rest of the week goes by pretty fast. I'm starting to get used to the college life and it's not so bad compared to Doncaster University. Friday afternoon rolls around and I find myself in front of my dresser deciding what to wear tonight. It has to look fancy enough for a date but casual enough for a party afterwards as I can't be arsed to get changed before we go to the party. I end up picking black skinny jeans, rolled up at the bottom because they're too long and a black button up. I style my hair into a quiff, put on some of my favourite cologne and my black TOMs.