Twenty

A/N: Please don't forget to comment and vote! :) 

-

In the days between our trip to Alton Towers and new years eve I just hang out at home with my family. Harry and I text multiple times a day and he began with a 'Good morning' text a few days ago, which means I'll wake up with a smile on my face, knowing the LED on my phone is flashing because Harry woke up thinking about me. He tells me that his mum will accompany him back to Manchester because his car has broken down and will need to get fixed, due to the holidays it won't be done in time for him to drive it back to campus himself. Harry has been debating on whether or not to tell his mum about me because my mum already knows I like Harry. I do look forward to meeting his mum, I just really hope she'll like me.

I keep telling him I won't mind if he keeps it a secret because we're not a couple, yet, for all I know his mother will not be as open-minded as mine because let's face it, not everyone is. Gemma, however, has figured things out by herself, she has even taken my number from Harry's phone so she could text me the most adorable picture of Harry sleeping on the sofa while cuddling the teddy bear I won him.

On December 31st, I spend the day helping my mum make apple pie while the twins draw and the other girls do some homework at the kitchen table. "Mum, would you mind if I go over to Luke's after midnight?" I know she wants me to be home at midnight, we have a tradition of watching the fireworks together and after the twins have gone to bed mum usually watches one of the many concerts they air on TV with Felicite and Charlotte while I head out for a few hours to ring in the new year with my friends, better known as getting wasted and having a blast. "Sure honey. You can go as soon as Daisy and Phoebe have gone to bed."

It's nearly dinnertime when my grandparents arrive and my grandmother disappears into the kitchen to help out mum after handing me a handmade sweater. My grandmother loves to make us sweaters, scarfs, beanies, quilts or anything else if we request it. It's a lovely white sweater and I put it in my bedroom while grandad occupies himself by teaching the twins to play chess. Felicite, Charlotte and I are just lying on the sofas in the living room watching Pretty Little Liars and reruns of Full House and Friends.

After dinner, I take a shower and get ready for the night out. The girls dress up nicely but I don't understand why since they're not leaving the house other than to wish our neighbours a happy new year. While shampooing my hair I contemplate about how things will be once we get back on campus on January 3rd. There are 3 more days without Harry and as much as I love spending time with my family, I really want those three days to fly by so I can hang out with my friends in Manchester. When I'm done washing my hair and body I dry myself off and wrap the towel around my waist. I walk into my room and try to find a clean outfit but most of the items I brought with me have been worn and need to be washed, but my eyes land on the sweater my grandmother made me and decide I'll just wear that with some dark denim skinny jeans.

My phone goes off and when I grab it I see it's Harry trying to facetime. I quickly run my fingers through my wet fringe, making myself look decent before accepting the call. "Hi!" I say while waving my free hand in front of the camera. Harry gives me a small smile but it doesn't reach his eyes. His eyes aren't as bright as usual and it looks like he's upset. "What's wrong?" I ask him. At first, he doesn't reply which bothers me a little, he's the one calling me and now I'm getting worried. I can see Harry is outside, he seems to be walking but I don't see a coat and it's so cold outside. "Harry, where are you?" I ask cautiously. "I'm walking to my friend's house," he replies a little harsh.

"Okay. Was there a specific reason for calling or did you just want to talk?" I try to sound as friendly as possible, not wanting to set him off. I can see there's something bothering him but I refuse to push him. If he wants to talk about it, he will. I see Harry has stopped walking and it looks like he is sitting down somewhere. "So what are your plans for tonight?" he asks me after a few seconds of silence. "I'm going to this club with two of my best friends after midnight. You?" I reply. "Gemma, Jamie and I are going to this party in Warrington. Apparently, a lot of kids from my high school will be going so it should be alright." He offers a small smile.