Fourteen

A/N: Don't forget to comment and vote! :)

-

Sunday morning and afternoon go by and I haven't received a reply from Harry. I've sent him another text asking him if we could talk about things. I didn't bother trying to ring him because if he will ignore my text messages he sure as hell won't answer his phone. I sit in bed watching movies all day while Niall tries cheering me up in between his study sessions. My mum tried calling me but I rejected every single incoming call, not feeling in the mood to talk to people other than Niall and obviously Harry but he doesn't give me the time of day.

"Why won't you talk to your mum? Mums usually give the best advice and you won't take mine." Niall suggests. "Oh yes, the lovely conversation that'll be, can you imagine this: Hey mum, I'm currently depressed because a friend, who I'm crushing on is ignoring me because I read some of his personal writing that he's very secretive about. Oh, let's not forget that he's male and super straight but I also have a girlfriend. Any advice?" I give Niall a mocking look. "I think I'll pass."

"Tell me about what you've read in the notebook. Maybe I can help." "Yes because telling you won't make him even more upset with me than he already is," I reply sarcastically. "I just want to help you figure out the things you've read. It's not like I'll post it on social media. Harry doesn't have to find out."

I end up telling Niall the things I can remember reading. The lyrics and quotes might not be word perfect to what I've read but it's close enough to get the point across. "I can't believe how oblivious you are!" Niall groans. "Not this again Niall." I hold up my hand to stop Niall but he jumps on my bed and crosses his legs. "Let me break it down for you. He wrote about you! Exhibit A: He's jealous. Didn't you say he acts so much nicer when Ellie isn't around and you guys have way more fun?" I nod. "Exhibit B: He wrote about a girl not deserving someone's heart right?" "Yes, it was something like 'she doesn't deserve his heart.' But maybe he was talking about himself.."

"My theory is that he thinks Ellie doesn't deserve your heart, simple as that" Niall smiles proudly. "Exhibit C: He wrote about blue eyes. Have you looked into a mirror lately? I could be colour blind but I'm pretty sure your eyes are blue. Not Sophie's in case you are going to try that as an excuse."

"What was the quote you liked about absence?" Niall asks. "Absence diminishes mediocre passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and fans fires. I've read it somewhere before and thought it was beautiful." "Could be a well-known quote but once again my theory is that he tried distancing himself from you but it didn't work. His feelings only got stronger like the quote says. ' Absence diminishes mediocre passions and increases great ones '." Niall holds up his hands like it's the most obvious thing in the world and maybe to him it is but I can't believe his theories are correct.

"Why wouldn't he just tell me if he liked me?" "Why won't you tell him that you like him?" Niall fires back. "Because I have a girlfriend and he's straight." "My point exactly. You're taken, by a female I might add. So Harry thinks you're not going to be interested." He makes it seem so easy and like it's the most normal thing.

"Alright, where were we? Oh, there was this lyric about him not asking where you've been because he knows you were with her. I don't think I need to explain myself on that one." He flashes me a smile as he tries to push me off of the bed. "Go talk to him!" "He's been ignoring me!" I sigh. "Don't make me drag you up there and hold your hand like I'm your mother Louis." His smile fades. "What about Ellie?" I say as I stand up. "What about her? You're just going to talk to Harry about your feelings and you can decide what happens next after that. Now GO!"

I run my hands through my hair trying to get rid of the bedhead look a little and quickly pull on some shoes before I start to think about what I'm about to do and decide against it. I slowly walk through the corridor and walk up to Harry and Zayn's floor. My heart is pounding in my chest and the palms of my hands become sweaty. I don't know what to say to him so I stop a few doors away from Harry's and try to think of what I want to say as I try to control my breathing. After what feels like hours but probably has only been a minute or five I walk up to their door and knock. Zayn opens the door.