4. Why me?

I can't really remember much of this week. Honesty it has been a blur. Today is finally Friday. I would be excited about that but sadly today I have detention. My parents were completely shocked when I told them. They had asked me if I had gotten detention for attention. I was completely appalled by that question and ignored them the rest of that day.

Today is going by pretty slow. It feels like I have been stuck at school for days! Sadly Gwen didn't come to school today and I am left alone. Waking up this morning I had changed into my high waist jean shorts and a black blouse. Nothing special but of course the five idiots from school thought otherwise.

"Why do you show off your wealth bitch?" Harry spat. "Don't you think it's a bit too much just to prove that we're poor and you're not!" I don't know what I did to make Harry hate me so much. Is this really about my money?

I flip my dark hair back in annoyance. "Harry I don't 'show off' anything." I say calmly. "Now get out of my way. I need to get to English and I don't want to be late."

With that being said I walked away. I will not let them bully me! If they think they can well... like I said their idiots. Walking into my English class I already see my partner in his seat. Zayn isn't like Harry though. He's much quieter. He doesn't bother me when Harry's not around, which is nice.

Zayn like Harry wasn't always the 'punk' boy he is now. He was quite sweet. He was in my art class last year. He was the last of the boys to join their gang. Well I guess he's no longer the last one to join since Liam came. Zayn is an amazing artist. His drawings were beautifully drawn. Maybe two weeks after school started he started to hang with Harry and he changed. That was all before Perrie though. Perrie is really good for Zayn in my opinion.

Today Mrs.Jonas didn't assign much work and before I knew it I was done. I wish Gwen was here. She called me last night saying she got food poisoning. Of course like her bestfriend I freaked! Gwen told me not to worry so today after detention I plan to surprise her by going to see her at the hospital even though she told me not to.

Minutes later the bell rang and I made my way to my locker. "Hello princess." Why me?

"Hello Mr.Payne." I reply drily. From now on Liam will be nothing to me.

I notice his eyebrows frown. "Mr.Payne?"

I nod. I notice Liam is wearing a tight blood red T-shirt and black skinny jeans with his all to famous leather boots. He honesty looks nice. "Lesly why are you so difficult?"

I giggle at his words. He thinks I'm the difficult one? "Liam I am done with your bs. I really just want you to leave me alone."

I expect him to pin me to the wall like he always does but surprisingly he didn't. Liam is just standing there. His light eyes on mine. I am completely lost in his eyes. It feels like time has stopped. My gaze drops to his plum pink lips. They are so inviting...

Lesly snap out of it!

I shake my head. What am I doing?! I realise I am much closer to Liam than I was before. "I'm sorry." I step back. Being so close to Liam brings feelings I have never felt before.

I am broken from my thoughts as Liam spoke my name. I look up. He's at least 5'11 in height compared to my 5'6. "Yes?" I say not looking into his eyes.

"Were you going to kiss me?" He asked. There was no hint of arrogance in his voice.

I laugh. "Please! Liam I don't like you." I still haven't made eye contact with him.

A smile grows on his face. It's the kind of smile with a thought behind it. Liam steps closer to me. What do I do?! I am frozen. Liam now has me pinned to the lockers like always. He starts to lean into me. His lips just inches away. My brain yells at me to push him away but my body just wants him closer. My eyes begin to close without my command. I could already smell his minty breath. I start to lean into him. Our lips brush against eachother slightly then... The bell rang.

"Holy chetos!" I panic. "I'm late to Calculus!" I push Liam out of my way and run. I have no time to look back at him. Speed walking into Calculus Mr.Moore barely set his briefcase down. Safe! As he explains the work I pay little to no attention. All in my mind is Liam. I know our lips barely brushed along eachothers, but it was sweet. He wasn't cocky or an ass during our tender moment.

Were his lips gonna be slow against mine or fast and full of hunger?

Calculus and piano have now passed and I'm on my way to lunch. I have learned nothing the last two hours and it's all because of Liam. I really don't want to see him. Paying my lunch I go back to Mr.Gomez's room.

Walking inside I see him at his desk looking through papers. "Ahem." Mr.Gomez looks up and smiles as his eyes settle on me. "Sorry to interrupt Mr.Gomez but I was wondering if I could eat my lunch here." I pray that he doesn't say no.

He looks at his watch then back up to me. "You can stay here but I have a meeting to get to so please don't take anything." he jokes.

I raise my right arm and say: "I give you my word." Mr.Gomez chuckles and walks out of his office leaving me alone.

I sit down near the beautiful black piano and start to eat my lunch. There wasn't much to choose from so I just got a pizza. I look up and my urge to go play the instrument takes over. I look over to the door. I know he will be at the meeting until the end of lunch. Should I risk it?

My urges got the best of me as I walk up to the piano. I run my fingers though the keys and I start to play a song I know oh to well.

((Play the song)) >>>>>>

Playing the last key; I'm sad that the song has come to an end.

"That was amazing!" someone said from behind me. I turn to see Max.

I stand and take a few steps towards him. "Hey. What are you doing here?" I ask him. No one eats in the buildings during lunch. Well I guess.

"I was looking for you." Max's blushes.

He was looking for me? Why? "Well you found me."

He nods in agreement. A minute passes in complete silence until he spoke up. "Lesly do you want to go out tonight?"

Did Max just ask me out? No. I must have heard him wrong. "What?"

"Go out with me tonight?" he said again.

Should I? Wait I already have plans with Liam. 'That he forced you to accept!' my subconscious reminds me. She's right. Liam did force me to accept his plans. Screw him! "Okay sure. Just that I have detention until five thirty so pick me up around eight?" Am I doing the right thing?

"Yeah okay. Wear something amazing 'coz we're going to 'Mist'."

Wow. He would take me there. Does he think just because my parents own that club he's gonna get a free ticket? "Okay." I give him my best fake smile and he walks away.

I wish I had rejected his offer. I really don't like him like that. Just that the thought of Liam made me agree. To late to back down now. Ugh! Why me?