24. One Day At A Time

Today is the big day.

All my time spent finding the perfect melody, the perfect lyrics have come to this.

The best part is that my whole family will be here. My mom, Carlos, even my dad.

Mr.Gomez has heard the song I plan to preform and he told me it's really good. I'm so nervous though!

As I look though the big red curtin, there are many people in the crowd. I could hear the other performers getting ready. Right as the show was to begin, we wished each other good luck.

Frank McCoy was up first. He can play the violin beautifully. As I sat there mesmerized by the wonderful sound I look over at the crowd and spot my family. I smile at them and they return the gesture. Carlos even gave me two thumbs up. My eyes move around the crowd finding more familiar faces.

That's when I saw them. Liam and Harry. Their here! Why?

All is forgotten as I think about everything that has happened in the last couple of days. I am lost.

It's almost as time has slowed down. Oh God! My subconscious freaks.

"Lesly?"

"Lesly?!" I blink rapidly at the mention of my name. My eyes focus on Sylvia. "Lesly your up. Mr.Gomez called your name."

Holy shit! I quickly thank Sylvia for the wake up call and head to the stage. The lights seem brighter now as I stand under them. Without glancing at the crowd, I sit on the piano bench. I take a deep breath, taking the microphone placing it in front of me as I introduce my piece. "This song is called 'One Day at A Time' . I hope you enjoy it." Starting the melody, the lyrics commence to leave my lips.

"They say two wrongs are never right, but nothings final
A thousand thoughts a million fears, and still a smile
When you run to fast to never see, the colors of every memory
Slow down the world live another day
I remember how it use to be
Out there chasing cars and broken dreams
I told myself "Don't look back this is your life."
Someday I'm gonna fall in love for the first time
I remember every piece of me
Oh everything was perfect and complete
So I'm gonna take it one day at a time, one day at a time
I wouldn't change a single thing, that I believed in
A second chance of circumstance, is all I needed
What seemed to fit wasn't meant to be, so I'm keeping every memory
Slow down the world live another day
I remember how it used to be
Out there chasing cars and broken dreams
I told myself "Don't look back this is your life."
Someday Im gonna fall in love for the first time
I remember every piece of me
Oh everything was perfect and complete
So I'm gonna take it one day at a time, one day at a time
Ultraviolet record highs and lows
Oh It's easier to stop and let it go
I remember how it used to be
Out there chasing cars and broken dreams
So I remember how it used to be
Out there chasing cars and broken dreams
I told myself "Don't look back this is your life."
Someday I'm gonna fall in love for the first time
I remember every piece of me
Oh everything was perfect and complete
So I'm gonna take it one day at a time, one day at a time..."

I play the last of the melody. My brother and father are the first to stand to cheer for me. Oh, I feel relieved!

All that work was worth it after all. I bow and leave the stage as the next student came out.

I feel like I can finally breath.

.......................

Once the concert had come to an end, my family was the first to hug me and say how wonderful tge performance was, after them was Gwen.

I asked her in secret if she had invited the boys to the show, and she told me she hadn't. Strange.

Walking out of the auditorium, Carlos had announced that he will pay for dinner, as to coagulate me. I thanked him.

My mom and dad had come in a separate car than Carlos. So I'm riding with him. My parents told Carlos and I that they will meet us at the restaurant, and we agreed. As I waited for Carlos at the entrance of the school, I heard a sound come from behind me. I turn to find Harry and Liam.

"Hey." Harry said casually. Oh this is awkward.

"Hi." I whisper shyly. This situation can not get any more worse.

"Lesly." Liam spoke up as he eyed Harry and I.

"Liam." I stiffen a smile. I look up to meet Liams eyes, they are dark. No sign of life in his eyes. It honestly frightens me.

"That was a um... Nice performance." Harry compliments me as I turn my head to look at him.

"Thank you Harry." We all stand here like idiots waiting for something to happen when Carlos showed up.

The wheels of his car screech to a stop. He opens his door and climbs out, standing next to me. "Who are you friends Lesly?"

Crap! "Um Carlos this is Harry and Liam. Guys this is my brother Carlos." I introduce them. Crap, crap, crap!!!

"We should get going mom and dad are waiting." Carlos announce opening the car door for me.

"Okay. Bye guys?"

Climbing into the car Carlos smoothly gets into the drivers seat. Starting the engine he drives away. "Didn't dad tell you to stay away from them." Carlos hisses.

"Yes." I whisper my answer. Where is he getting at?

"So why are you fucking talking to them?! Dammit Lesly! When dad or I tell you to stay away from someone it's to protect you!" He yells.

Why is he acting like this? I didn't say another word. I sat there in silence the entire time. I honestly didn't want to go to dinner anymore.

......................

By the time we had finished dinner it was nearly ten thirty p.m. Dinner was a bit awkward from what had happened between Carlos and myself. I just don't know what the huge problem is. I feel like I'm missing the big picture.

Locking myself in my room once we got home I felt relieved.

A light tap on my door brings me back to planet earth. I get up and open it to find my dad standing there. "Hey sweetie."

"Hey." I go back to my bed, crossing my legs.

My dad sits besides me. "Carlos told me about the boys."

"Can we just let it go?"

"No. Lesly I told you not to say away from them!"

"Why? Why do I have to stay away from them?!" I yell equally as harsh.

"Because I'm telling you to." Without another word he gets up from besides me and walks out.

What am I missing?

_____________________

Sorry for being so late but here's the update!
The song that Lesly had played was 'One Day at a Time' sang by Cody Longo in the show Hollywood Heights.

Vote and comment!!!
Thank you! Till next time!!