34. Sorry

The air around us has gone thin. Niall's question is left hanging in the room. Mr.Castle still has a handful of Nialls shirt in his fist. I feel like this is an episode of a bad reality TV show. The protective father finding out his daughter has gotten knocked up by the boy he found unworthy of his daughters love.

Niall pushed his way out of Mr.Castle's grasp, stepping closer to Gwen. Her light green eyes are red due to the tears she has started to shed. I am an intruder to this intense moment but I can't find the strength to move my legs and walk out the door.

I watch as Gwen meets Niall's gaze in a moment of pure need for him. I knew that what she and Niall have was strong but this...

"Yes." She whispers, looking down once again.

I know what she is expecting to hear from Niall. She knows that Niall would want nothing to do with her or their child. I feel for her. I would hate to end up in a situation like this one playing out before me.

Suddenly we are all taken off guard when Niall unexpectedly pulls Gwen into an embrace. At first she doesn't react but after a moment she wrapped her slim arms around his neck and begins to weep.

In a moment of pure anger Mr.Castle cuts their sweet embrace short. "Don't get near my daughter!" Mr.Castle hisses. "Now I know why she has been acting so strange. It's because of you!"

The tension has increased in the room. Niall is looking strait into Mr.Castle's eyes, and Mr.Castle is holding his own as well. Gwen is looking back and forth between her father and Niall.

"No." Niall declares. "No. I am done running away because of my fears. I love your daughter sir. If you're not willing to accept that well I'm sorry but I can't stay away from her. I have lived in hell for the two days because I believed I lost her. I don't want to loose her. She means more to me than life itself." He confesses.

Gwen moves around her father to stand before Niall, and in a blink of an eye her lips attach themselves to Niall's.

I can physically feel her happiness and I know she has started to breath once again.

Liam Pov

What is taking Niall so damn long? Fuck. When he told me Lesly had called him to meet her at Gwen's house I got pissed. Why couldn't she call me to pass down the damn message?

This is exactly what I hate. She doesn't take our relationship, or whatever we are, seriously. I am trying hard not to storm into that house and grabbing Niall or Lesly, who ever I find first.

Hell! I should have known I was gonna end up waiting for the Irish arse to come out. He's probably fucking Gwen. One look at her and I bet he apologized to her in a heart beat. Spineless piece of-

"Hey stranger." I turn to the sound of the familiar voice, which belongs to Lesly.

She is smiling brightly as she nears me. Her smile begins to fade. I wonder dumbly why but soon realize it's because of the cigarette between my fingers. Lesly has scold me before when I was smoking in her presence. She doesn't like this habit of mine but quite frankly I don't give a shit.

I purposely place the cigarette between my lips and blow out a puff of smoke. Lesly narrows her eyes but still doesn't say a word.

"Hey." I say, finding the silence more uncomfortable then I had thought. She shakes her head, turning on her heel and walking away.

I curse under my breath as I drop the cigarette onto the floor, stepping on it as I run after Lesly. "Lesly!" I yell in annoyance. She ignores me and continues to walk away from me. "So we're going back to this. You walking away from me." This stops her in her tracks.

She turns back to me, irritation clear in her eyes. "I am not walking away from you!" She claims.

"So you turning your back on me and heading a different direction is not walking away? Well fuck this then. Keeping walking princess. I'm leaving." This time I turn round and head back to the car.

"So it's gonna be like this again. You pushing me away!"

I can hear the anger in her voice, but there is also a hint of something else... hurt? I turn round again and approach her. Her face is beat red and I don't doubt mine is any different. "I'm not pushing you away." I hiss. "You walked away from me. Like you always do." I state.

"Don't you dare and blame this on me. You always cause a problem between us." Her voice cracked in the end.

"I don't cause nothing."

Lesly laughs without any humor. "Really? This proves my damn point Liam. You are too full of yourself to realize that... You know what, forget it. I'm going back inside."

"Oh no you don't." Grabbing her by her waist, I drag her to my car.

"Let me go." She commands.

I roll my eyes and continue with my actions. Opening the passenger door for her I wait till she steps in. "This is kidnapping."

"It's not kidnapping if you willingly step into the vehicle." I smirk.

This time it is she who rolls her eyes but hops in. "Why were you smoking?" She ask as soon as I stepped into the drivers seat. Her voice is soft once again. Whoa. Change of direction.

"I was getting frustrated. It calms me." I answer honestly.

"When did you start smoking?"

I look into her big brown eyes as I tell her. "I was about fourteen when I first started. My parents had just gotten divorced and it was my way of relaxing from the tension."

"Was it a really bad time for you?" She ask. I can tell she's happy that I'm opening up with her but I'm not going to go any further.

"Lesly I really don't wish to discuss this. The reasons why are in the past."

She nods. "I understand." She sighs. "I just want to get to know you better. I'm sorry I went crazy on you. I didn't mean to. It's just that I don't want anything to happen to you. That stuff isn't good for you."

"I know." I turn my gaze away from her and out to the big house we are currently parked in front of. "So what happened?" I ask Lesly, wanting nothing more but to change the subject.

"Well Niall and Gwen are getting there. She told him about her pregnancy." I gape at her. Pregnancy? Gwen is pregnant?

"Hold up. So Gwen is pregnant? Well damn." I want to laugh. Niall is still a child himself. How will he take care of another human life? I pray that God gives him the strength he needs.

Suddenly I start to imagine what I would do if Lesly were tell me she was expecting my child. I shudder. Nope, I don't want any children. Ever. All they do is mess everything up. I don't need that type of burden.

But I know that Lesly sees children in her future and that is something I can never gift her with.

______________________

Here's the update. I apologize for how late this update was. I had somewhat of a writers block but here it is.

+7 votes and I'll update Sunday. Plz comment as well!

Thank you. :)

~aclfuentes