22. Ghost

(Unedited)

This can't be happening. Last night was just a dream.

But as the darkly clothed figure approaches Liam and I, an unsettling feel rises in the pit of my stomach. Every bone in my body tells me to run, and I really want to but Liams' arm -which is wrapped around my waist- prevents me from doing so.

Liam doesn't seem phased by the man approaching us, in fact his demeanor is cool and calm. I on the other hand am anything but. I wish Liam would calm my nervous by giving me a sign that everything is in fact okay. In truth, I'm in awe of him. Liam is brave and strong, while I'm not.

I glance a the man, who now stands at least six feet away from us, he doesn't make a move to come any closer. Liam tightens his hold on me and the man smiles at both of us. "Liam. What a surprise. I thought you only worked the weekends." He grinned. "And what be your name beautiful?" The man asks acknowledging me.

I look up at Liam and he nods down at me, telling me it's fine to respond. "Lesly." I replied quickly. I don't want to speak to this man, something tells me he is not to be trusted.

The mans chilling blue eyes bore into mine and he smirks down at me. I notice that he has a scar along his left cheek, by the looks of it he may have gotten it recently. "Lesly. A beautiful name for a beautiful girl." He tells me. I smile at him kindly. "So Liam is she gonna be end up on the list?" List?

Liam stiffened besides me, and my heart beat starts to accelerate. What does he mean about list? My subconscious questions. "Liam you really gotta stop just fucking random girls. Their people to."

My blood runs cold from his words. He was just going to use you and leave you. My subconscious hissed. I can't take this anymore I just want to go. "You don't know shit Neil!" Liam yells. "Leave us the fuck alone before I decide to break every bone in your fucking body!"

Neil puts his arms up in defense. "Whoa! I was just playing around Liam." He laughs. "I'll leave you two alone. See you around beautiful." He winks at me before walking away. As Neil disappears Liams hold on me loosened. I take this opportunity to get away from him.

How dare he plan to just use me and throw me away. I'm not some toy. Liam looks at me in confusion towards my actions. As he takes a step towards me I take a step back. "Don't." I hiss at him. I need to think about what that man, Neil, said. He said Liam had a list. A list of girls he slept with? I'm not sure.

"Don't tell me you actually believed that shit. Tell me you're not that stupid."

My blood begins to boil. I am not stupid! "Give me one good reason as to why I shouldn't believe him." I challenge. "The day I left your house, I see you a few hours later with that blonde skonka around your arms!"

"Are you really bringing her up?" He laughs. This is not a laughing matter! "I don't care about her."

"And you do for me?" Liam stays silent and I know the answer. "That's what I thought." I turn on my heel and begin to walk away from him.

I will have to call Gwen and ask her to pick me up after school is over. It's only been an hour since school started though and I don't wish to stay here any longer. "Lesly!" I hear someone call behind me. I know it's Liam.

I don't turn, instead I speed up. I am done with him playing with my emotions. "Stop running away from me! That's what you always do!" He shouts as he catches up to me.

I stop in my tracks. I turn to face him, his eyes burn into mine with fury. I don't want to start a fight here. This is a public area. "Don't you dare shout at me Liam." I warn. "You have no right."