27. Words I Never Said

Day four.

It's been four days since the accident and Liam has still not woken up.

Wake up! Please Liam! My subconscious begs. Why won't he wake?

The doctor said it would take a while but, four days?

Since the accident I have been coming to the hospital everyday after school. My family hasn't really asked me of why I come home late; they all seem on the edge though. I haven't cared much to ask what's going on. Liam is the only thing that matters at the moment.

As I watch him unconscious on his hospital bed I can't help the ache I feel in my heart. He seems so helpless laying there. The bruises that had once covered his face are now fading, the only thing that will take a while to heal is his arm. Oh Liam. My subconscious weeps.

I glance at the wall clock above Liam's bed. It's almost five, I have to leave soon.

I frown at the thought of leaving Liam. I don't want to leave him.

I take a seat on the chair set besides his bed. I'm glad the boys aren't here at the moment, I need my time with Liam.

"You know Liam, ever since that first day I ran into you I haven't been able to think about anything but you." I whisper, tracing his palm. "You have completely bewiched me Liam Payne." I chuckle. "I miss you in chemistry. Mrs.Young misses you to, believe it or not. She has asked me to help you with all the work you've missed. Which by the way is a lot.

"Don't worry I'll help you the best I can." I know Liam is unconscious but I just want to speak to him. "I miss the sound of your voice. You have a sexy accent Payne. I bet you knew that though."

Tell him you need him! Say the words you've never said! "Liam... I... I need you. I need you more than I need air to breath. I need you to wake up. I need you to hold me and tell me you're alright. I've fallen for you. I don't even know why but I just did. Please Liam wake up. Wake up for me." Only if he could hear me.

The vibration of my phone comes to my attention. Reaching into my pocket I pull it out, glancing at the caller I.D Carlos name covers my screen. "Hello?"

"Where are you?" Carlos ask. Fuck!

"I'm with Gwen. Why?"

There's a pause before Carlos begins to speak again. "Huh. That's funny because I just fucking spoke to her Lesly! Now I won't ask again, where the hell are you?!"

Shit. What now? "I'm at the hospital. Happy? I'll be home soon. We'll talk then." I hang up not giving him a chance to answer back. Why is he acting like such a dick?

I turn back to Liam, and whisper a quick goodbye and good night. Grabbing my belongings I exit Liam's room.

I really don't want to go home. Not with Carlos in his mood.

By the time I get home I know Carlos is mad by the countless calls and voice mails. I have really drawn on his patience.

Stepping into the house I spot my brothers muscular figure by the chimney in the living room. I place my things on the table nearest to the main entrance. I slowly make my way to him, knowing of his ire.

He doesn't turn, but I know he's aware of my presence. I don't speak. I will let him make the first move. Carlos finally turns, his eyes are blood shot. Looking down at his left hand I know why. A bottle of vodka is adoring his hand. Carlos was never a hard liquor kind of guy.

What am I to do? "Carlos? Are you okay?"

Carlos tosses the bottle of vodka, making me jump at the sound of it hitting the wall behind me. "When will you fucking listening to me! I told you to say away from them Lesly!" Carlos slurs in anger. "Those boys are worthless!"

I stand there letting him take his anger out. "Those boys want to hurt you. Hurt the one thing that we care about."

What? "Fuck Lesly!" Carlos steps back. He looks pained. "Go to your fucking room." He orders. I wouldn't dare to disobey at this moment, I quickly make my way into my room and lock it behind me.

'Those boys want to hurt you. Hurt the one thing we care about.' Carlos words echo in my head. They want to hurt me? No. Carlos doesn't know them. Neither do you. My subconscious adds.

Could they want to hurt me? If they do wouldn't they have done it already? Why wait?

Question after question comes to mind as I remember the words Carlos had said.

The vibration in my pocket once again comes to my attention, Harry's name appears on the screen and I answer instantly. "Harry? What's up?"

"Liam. He woke up. He's asking for you." He woke up!

"I'll be there soon Harry." Liam woke!

But as soon as the fairytale ending came it was to be ruined. I can't leave. Carlos is damn mad. If I walk out the door he'll... I don't even want to think about what he'll do.

I need to see Liam. He's asking for me dammit! There is another way out. I look to my side where the door to my small balcony opens.

Opening the door I look down. It can't be that far of a jump can it? The bushes will break my fall hopefully. I make a quick silent prayer before stepping onto the other side. Closing my eyes I let go and jump.

I barely made the bushes. I silently walk to the back of the house where my dads motorcycle awaits.

I bless the day I agreed to learn how to ride a motorcycle. Pushing it out into the street I turn the key bring the thing to life. Climbing onto it I make my way to the hospital in anticipation.

____________________

Lesly is just asking for.trouble I swear.

Sorry for long wait. Tried to make it long.

If you guys want to know when I will be updating you can follow my instagram @ayy_onedirection

* +9 votes and I'll update Wednesday :)