6. Beach

I can't believe he just left like that. Did I do something to make him leave like that? He didn't even say goodbye.

I need to stop thinking about Liam and start getting ready for my date. I decide on a tight purple dress that goes mid-thigh. Its beautiful. The last time I wore it was during my trip to Paris. I curl my hair perfectly and add a touch of makeup. It's already eight. Max will be here any second now.

Stepping downstairs I see my mom on the sofa. "Hola mamá!" I smile. I rarely see my parents these days and seeing her right now is like amazing.

She smiles her beautiful smile that some people think I have gotten from her. I don't see it though. My mother is much more beautiful than me. Her beautiful long brown hair compliments her tan skin perfectly. "¿Cómo estas mija? Wow don't you look beautiful. But then again you always do." she compliments me.

I blush. "I'm fine. And I'm going on a date tonight. He wants to take me to 'Mist'." My mom laughs and I join her. We talk for a while as I wait. He is taking forever. Grabbing my iPhone out of my purse it reads 8:35.

What the....

An hour has now officially past and I know he is no longer coming. The feeling of rejection hits me like bricks and my eyes begin to water.

Am I ugly? Is that why he didn't show up? Was him asking me out just a ploy?

I'm glad no one is home. I don't need anyone to see me like this. My mom left thirty minutes ago saying she had a date with my dad. She said not to get angry at Max for being late but this is too late!

I spent so much time getting ready just to have him blow me off.

I cry even more. I don't even understand the reason for my tears. I don't like him like I thought he liked me. Maybe it's just the fact that this was going to be my first date ever and the boy didn't show.

I know I'm a Senior and all but I have never had a boyfriend. Sure guys thought I was hot and all but they wouldn't do anything. None of them would ask me out. And here I am like the idiot to actually believe that Max Aguirre would want to go out with me.

"Omg! He is such a dick!" Gwen said through the phone. I called her as soon as I stopped crying.

"Gwen he was gonna be my first date and he blew me off."

"Watch on Monday Ima go up to him and slap the shut out of him!"

I giggle. "Thanks but don't do that. It's fine. I didn't even like him."

"But Lesly-"

"Look thanks but I will deal with it. I'll call you later. Kay?"

"Kay."

After our goodbye I hung up. I am still wearing my dress and I really don't know why. I need to go out. Grabbing the keys to my car I run down stairs and into my car.

Driving I realize I'm heading to the beach. Not my favorite place in the world but it's quiet. The waves crashing against the shore is a calming sound. I take off my shoes as I step on the smooth sand. The wind against my skin feels nice.

I don't really know where I'm going but I just start walking in a random direction. I am lost in thought as a melody plays in my head.

The sound of people laughing in the distance brings me back to reality. I know I should turn back but I don't. I keep walking the same direction. As I got closer I could see the people. They look familiar. That's when I saw Liam. On his lap a girl around our age that I have never seen before. He short blonde hair shines in the moonlight and her smile is like a million dollars. He has his arm around her waist and his hand on her thigh.