20. Middle of Nowhere

His brown eyes stare into mine as a smile spreads wide across his face. I have never been more happy than I am now. "I love you Liam." I whisper into his neck as I wrapped my arms around him.

His strong arms enclose around me, not planning to let me go. "I love you, Lesly." He says, kissing the top of my head. This is so perfect. We stand alone in the middle of this park, no one disturbing our moment.

I am completely overwhelmed. Liam isn't an open guy, this moment seems so unreal. I look up to be meet by his loving gaze. "You have no idea how long I've waited for this Lesly. I've had feelings for you the second you bumped into me that first damn day." Liam laughs. Oh how I love his laugh, I rarely ever hear it.

Liam leans down to press his lips on mine. The second they meet I could feel a current course through my body. His lips are silk on mine. Liam suddenly pulls back, wide eyed, looking behind me. I instantly turn to see what got his attention.

A figure in all black comes closer to where we stand, Liam immediately pushes me behind his back protectively. I have no idea what this scene before is about, and something tells me I don't wish to know. "Stay away." Liam growls, taking a step back.

The man who disturbed our peace holds up his index finger and slowly moves it side to side.

Reaching behind himself the stranger pulls out a gun. I shiver in fear. Who is this man?!

The gun goes off. Before I could wrap what just happen in my head, Liam falls to the floor. A pool of surrounding him.

"LIAM!" I shout, bolting up right. I take in my surroundings of the dark area I'm in. Oh it was just a nightmare. My subconscious informs me.

Unwrapping myself from my blankets, I stand and walk into my bathroom. I stare into the mirror only to be meet by a pale faced girl drenched in sweat, her eyes wide with fear.

It felt so real. I could have swore it was. When he kissed me. I briefly run my fingers across my bottom lip. But it wasn't.

I have no idea if I should be glad it wasn't real or if I should be sad that it wasn't. It could have been the most beautiful dream I have ever had, until that man showed up.

Returning to my room, I grab my phone from the drawer besides my bed. It's barely four thirty in the morning.

I glance at my bed, summing up the odds of being able to go back to sleep, though I know I have no chance of getting a good nights rest anymore.

Sitting down on my bed I place my head in my hands. "Oh what have you done to me Liam Payne?"

-----------------------

I feel like the walking dead. I honestly have no idea if it's safe for me to drive. Last night or this morning, whatever is more suitable, is not something I wish to relive. One thing is for certain though, I must see Liam. I know my nightmare wasn't real but I still need to make sure he's okay.

Lucky for me Gwen informed me that Niall will be picking her up today, so I don't have to wait for her but I could go strait to school.

Driving up to the schools parking lot, I scan the area in search for Liam's black motorcycle. I almost give up hope of spotting it when I hear the roar of it's engine. I quickly pull into the first open space I find, and hurry to see Liam. It doesn't take long before I see him leaning against the gates of the main entrance. Just looking at him takes my breath away. The way his white T-shirt clings to his body and the way his blue jeans, that are torn form the knees, hang on his waist is just... Wow.

I take a deep breath, making my way towards him. This is now or never. Stopping a few feet before him, I try to come up with a reason as to why I wish to speak to him.

Just go ask him why he hasn't been to chemistry. My subconscious nags me.

Okay, I can do this. "Liam?" I say loud enough, that many of the students around us heard. Liam gives me a confused look, as I stopped in front of him. How do I even start? "Why are you ignoring me?" I sound desperate.

"What?" He asks, surprise clear on his voice.

"Why are you ignoring me?"

Liam pushes away from the gate to stand only a few inches from me. "Who said I was ignoring you?" He says calmly.

I am blind sighted by his proximity, not expecting him to stand so close to me. I could smell the sweet, muscular sent radiating off of him. "Um.. You... haven't been in chemistry for two days." I hate this effect he has on me. I feel bewiched.

The corners of his lips twitch up the slightest. "Oh so you have noticed my absence Miss.Fuentes." That is not a question.

I nod. Of course I would notice, he's my damn partner! I'm dazzled by this man completely, and he hates me. "I was worried." Please tell those words were not spoken out loud. What in the world is wrong with me.

"Worried? Worried about what?" He questions. I can't possibly tell him about my horrid dream. He will probably laugh at me and tell Harry and the boys soon after.

"I didn't mean to say that out loud. Forget it." I turn on my heel to walk away but Liam has other plans. Slinging his arm around my waist he pulls me to a secluded area by the main entrance. His eyes bore into mine as he pins me against the wall.

My breathing accelerates. Kiss me! My subconscious begs of him. Do I really want him to kiss me? The answer is yes, I really do.

_______________________

Would you count this as a cliff hanger? I don't know but, I think I did a pretty good job on this chapter. Thank you to all that vote, you bring a big smile to my face. Really I'm not joking. Ha I'm breaking all the rules now since I'm in school.:)

+6 votes and I'll update tomorrow but I also gotta have some comments on the chapter.

Also I must give a shout out to Paul Walker, who died on Saturday as must of you may know. (1973-2013) may he rest in peace...

~aclfuentes