13. Heart of Stone

Read authors note at the bottom please...

Waking up this morning was not good. I had a huge headache and I still slightly have it. As usual I woke up to a somewhat empty house. Carmen was here for only about twenty minutes before leaving.

I feel like nobody wants to be around me. Like I repel them. Do I?

The events of last night are still fresh in my mind. More has happened in the last two days than in my entire life! I can't believe I slapped Liam. In all truth he desrved it and much more but he's the first person I have ever hit.

Another fresh memory is my date with Max. It was so beautiful and well prepared. I can tell he wanted to make it special, which he did. I know I don't deserve to have a chance with Max but for some strange reason he's giving me one. When he had said to me that maybe one day I would get to like him the way he says he likes me was sort of awkward. I don't understand why he likes me. I don't have much to offer.

Walking into my piano room I lean against the dark instrument. A melody that has been in my head since the night on the beach rings through my head once again. I make my way to the front of the piano, taking a seat on the bench before playing.

Starting the melody some lyrics pop into my head and I sing them slowly.

"Can you keep a secret?

Will you hold your hand among the flames?

Honey, you're a shipwreck

With your heart of stone

*

Can I get a witness?

To the bruises and

The wasted tears

You can dry a river

With your heart of stone

*

I can breath

I can breath, water, water

I can breath

I can breath, water, water

When you're here with me

You're not here with me

*

Can you pry a finger?

From everything I

Say and do

And I just can't forget you

and your heart of stone

*

I can breath

I can breath, water, water

I can breath

I can breath, water, water

I can breath

I can breath, water, water

I can breath

I can breath, water

*

When you're here with me

You're not here with me..."

A few tears escaped as the song ended. The whole time I pictured the one guy that holds my heart in his cold hands. Liam truly has a heart of stone. He will never love. He will never know my love.

Closing the piano I head towards my room not feeling like doing anything today.

I just want to be at peace and pretend that Liam doesn't exist. To pretend that my life is as it once was.

-------------------------

I once again wake up but this time I woke up to the sound of someone banging a door. Slowly opening my bedroom door I hear the banging coming from downstairs.

I silently tip toe to the double doors not wanting who ever it is to hear me. Looking through the peephole I surprisingly see Eleanor and Perrie.

Opening the door I see their frantic faces. "What's going on?" Are the first words out my mouth.

They walk into my house and close the doors behind them. "You have a date with Liam tonight." They tell me.

"No I don't." I scoff.

"Look Lesly you have no other fucking choice. You made Liam mad and he's done being the nice guy." Perrie hissed.

Nice guy? "What about his little whore? He has her doesn't he?" I can't believe I just spoke those words.

Eleanor chuckles "Lesly, April is just his um... fuck buddy. I guess you could say."

His fuck buddy? That's great to hear.  "Then he shouldn't be bothering me. He has her !" I say angrily.

"He doesn't want her. He wants you. Now get ready he'll be here in two hours or so." Perrie howls.

"You can't make me go out with him!" I yell.

"Lesly don't fight him. In the end he will always win. They always win." Eleanor whispers.

The way she spoke those words has more a meaning than she intended. "They always win."

________________________

Disclaimer : The song is not mine "Heart of Stone" is sang by Iko. It's in twilight breaking dawn part II.

If I were to write a song good enough I will say it's mine.

But since I can't write songs I will be using songs from artist. To pretend that she wrote herself. I will give credit where it is due in the end of every chapter.

Sorry for short chapter... +5 votes and I'll update this weekend :)

~aclfuentes