31. Home

July 30, 2000

Her smile is all that matters to her mother. As her only child she cared for nothing more.

As the mothers green orbs looked down upon her lovely four year old sweet, she couldn't help but feel blessed. She had what she had always desired a lovely home, a loving husband, and all was complete when her daughter came into the picture. But of course every complete and utterly perfect life has its flaws.

As the day came to its end the mother and her daughter, who all said had her fathers eyes, lay on the master bed. Her mother held a story book in her hands and told her daughter the story of Snow White. "Her Prince Charming heard of the enchantment and showed to see his beloved. The dwarfs all believed Charming was too late, Snow White had pass. Her prince couldn't believe what was before him. In a nicely carved wooden coffin laid his one and only." The mother told her daughter.

Tears had sprung to her daughters eyes. The mother wiped her tears away with the back of her hand and continued telling the tale. "Charming got closer to Snow White's coffin and soon he stood besides her. He looking at her face carefully. From her dark hair to her cheery red lips. He suddenly leans down and plants a true loves kiss upon her cheery lips. After releasing her he began to cry along with the seven dwarfs when her eyes began to flutter open. Her prince had broken the enchantment! In the end Snow White and Prince Charming lived happily ever after."

Her daughter began to clap with glee, satisfied with the ending of the story. "Mummy where is happily ever after?" The little girl ask. 

Her mother turned her head to the side, her eyes landing on a picture of her and her husband. She knew that the answer to her daughters question was right in front of her eyes. "Well, happily ever after is where ever you want it to be." Her mother leans over and grabs the frame from the bed side table. "You see, your father and I have a happily ever after sweetie. So basically happily ever after is any place in the world just as long as you have your one and only with you. Just like I have your father. He is the best thing that has ever happen to me." Her mother tells her.

The door to the master room opens and the mothers smile widens as her husband, Paul, enters the room. He smiles back at his beloved wife and walks over to her side. Leaning down to her level Paul tenderly kisses his wife's cheek. "How is the most beautiful woman in the world?" He ask, his wife giggled in response. Paul looks up when he hears a small giggle at his side. He stands up right, reaching over and grabbing his daughter. "What about you Alexandra? Have you been keeping your mum company?"

Alexandra nods and kisses her fathers cheek.

Suddenly a loud crashing sound is heard from downstairs and they all still. Yelling and screams are heard as are other sounds. Paul look over at his wife, who now has their daughter in her arms. The fear what she knows is going on downstairs evident in her eyes.

Paul walks over to the right side of the king sizes bed and pulls out a revolver from the bottom of the bed side table. Glancing back at his wife he sees the tears flowing down her cheeks. Setting Alexandra down on the bed, her mother runs over to her father. "Please be safe Paul." She sobs.

Paul caress her long wavy jet black hair. "I promise Destiny." He tells her as he kisses her forehead.

Releasing Destiny, Paul walks over to Alexandra and plants a kiss on her forehead as well. With one last look at his family he heads for the door. "Please don't go daddy." Alexandra begs sadly as tears begin to brim in her eyes.

Paul smiles at his little girl. "I will always find you." He tells her and walks out to all the destruction happening.

Gun fire starts to sound throughout their house. Destiny realizing that this might not end well grabs her daughter and heads out the door in hopes of escape. She covers Alexandra with her favorite pink blanket and head downstairs.