19. Half A Heart

"Possibilities."

No.

"One chance."

No.

"Till the end."

No.

Why can't I get this song right?! I'm currently at home trying to write the piece I plan to perform at Fridays event Mr.Gomez has set up, the only problem is that I can't get me head on strait. There's only one person I blame for getting me so distracted and his name is Liam Payne.

Why wasn't he in Chemistry? Where did he go? Was he not there because he wanted to ignore me?

"Agh!" I hate that Liam is all I can think about when he shouldn't be. He made it clear that he doesn't want me the way I want him.

I need to stop thinking about him and start concentrating on what's important, which is this song.

Running my fingers on the keys I try to listen to the perfect melody. This is gonna take a while.

Two Hours Later...

I can't do this!

It's been two damn hours and still nothing! No lyrics, no perfect melody, no nothing! I have never had such a writers block before. Usually the lyrics and beat would just come to me once I get to my piano but not now. It's frustrating.

I look down at the keys in hopes of some inspiration. Nothing comes to mind though. "Why so sad? It doesn't suit you." I look up to the familiar voice that belongs to my brother.

"Hey Carlos." I mumble. I am in no mood to smile or anything in that matter.

"Hey Carlos." He mocks me. "What's wrong Lesly? You're never this down." He states, taking a seat besides me on the bench.

I sigh. "It's this song Carlos, I can't get it right!" I tell him.

"You never have writers block Lesly."

"I know that's the problem." I frown.

"Hey look at me." I shake me head no. Carlos doesn't like to be told 'no' so he places his hand under my chin and tilts my face to his. "Don't listen to your head, stop over thinking it and just play what's in your heart."

Play what's in my heart? "That's some good advice there." I wrap my arms around him in a big bear hug.

He returns the gesture in a tight squeeze. "If that's your way of thanking me then you're welcome." He soon releases me and becomes suddenly serious. "Lesly dad told me about some guys at your school. That are covered in tattoos."

"What about them?" I ask curiously. Why have the boys become a topic in my home life? When my dad picked me up from school he technicality interrogated me, asking if I had spoken to them or hung out with them. Which obviously I didn't.

"I remember one of them um.. Harry, was it?" He thinks back. Of course he would remember Harry.

"Look Carlos I have nothing to do with them. I don't understand why you and dad ask me about them."

"I believe you it's just that I haven't forgotten how you had it bad for Harry. I remember how you would write his name on your hand and all over your notebook." He reminds me.

I blush at the reminder. Yes I had it bad for Harry. Even after he went all punk I had hopes that maybe just maybe he would go back to kind, thoughtful Harry Styles, sadly life doesn't always go as hoped. "Carlos that's old news. I'm over him, I've moved on." I say honestly.

Carlos raises his right brow in confusion. "Is that so? Who's the new lucky guy to win my sisters heart?"

Oh just Harry's cousin, Liam, who is just like him tattoos and all. "This guy at school." I spare him the details.

"Who is it? Maybe I know him." Carlos pushes.

"Carlos I doubt you know him. It doesn't even matter he doesn't like me." I frown.

"I doubt he doesn't like you. I bet he does, he's just afraid." Carlos defends Liam unknowingly.

"Afraid? Afraid of what?"

"Of rejection." He whispers. "Trust me Lesly I had that fear. When I first asked Alexia out, I was afraid she was gonna say no. At first I did everything to stop us from getting close but in truth that brought us together." He grins widely.

Is this true? Is Liam afraid of getting rejected by me? He should know my ture feelings by know, shouldn't he? "That was a nice chat, but I must get going. Laters." Carlos hugs me goodbye before walking out of the music room.

Carlos has given me much to think about. Maybe he's right. Maybe Liam is afraid.

Maybe it's time I open up my heart, and let it guide me. As if on cue the perfect melody starts to play in my head.

I'm actually gonna do this, I'm going to let my heart lead me.

_______________________

An update!! It took me forever to write and I know it's not that good. It's a filler honestly. But please vote and comment..

I get zero to three comments so please comment i really want to know what you think of it. I will try to respond if you comment.

And to all the lovely readers of Beautiful Disaster do you mind checking out my new fanfic it's a Punk Harry story (I'm really into Punk Direction) it's called 'Unconditionally' it barely has two chapters...

Well thank you for reading I appreciate it :) <3

~aclfuentes