42. Secrets

"You know Liam, Max is a great guy you should give him a chance. You both are gonna be on the same team there is no point on hating him so much." I say to Liam as we walk towards AP Chemistry. Liam is still convinced that Max is plotting against him in an effort to steal me away from him. I try to convince him that if that were true Max would fail completely. "Liam you're the only one that I want and need. I don't want someone else just you." Only if he would take my word for it.

Sometimes I look into his eyes and I know Liam doubts my love for him. It's not that he doesn't trust me, it's just that he doesn't trust himself.

Liam has so many secrets that he isn't ready to share them with me and I respect that but I just wish he would tell me so I could know why he puts himself in the category of the unworthy. On the outside Liam may look like the toughest of the tough but in reality he's the sweetest being you could ever meet- not saying that he wouldn't beat you up if given a reason to.

"Liam?" He hadn't responded to what I had told him before and I'm starting to think he wasn't listening to me. I roll my eyes but take his hand in mine and give him a gentle squeeze. "What's wrong?" I ask once he turned his head towards me.

Liam gives me a weak smile that doesn't reach his eyes. "Nothing is wrong, it's just that I'm tired." Leaning down he presses his lips against my forehead and I frown. Something is wrong and it saddens me that he won't tell me.

Without another word we walk into chemistry. Liam sighs in relief when he sees that we have a substitute for the day, I guess he didn't want to deal with Mrs.Young today. Getting seated, Liam immediately took out his phone and stared at the screen, concentrating in whatever the message he had received had said. His eye brows frown and he rapidly replies to the message. I try not to pay much attention to whatever is going on but as the class was coming to an end he had texted the mystery person about 10 times. I wonder who it was.

Once the class ended Liam and I walked out but I knew he was in a hurry. "Hey Lesly I'm gonna go home okay? I don't feel well. Please tell Niall."

I stop in my tracks. "You're going home? Why?"

"I'm not feeling well Lesly."

I glare at him. He's lying to my face. "Fine. I'll go wi-"

"No Lesly. You gotta stay here. I don't want you missing any classes." Liam leans down wanting to press his lips against mine but I turn my face. "Don't be like that Lesly." He complains, tugging at my arm willing me to turn my face but I refuse.

I never wanted to be the naïve girlfriend, letting her boyfriend sneak around when she knew something was wrong. That isn't me. If Liam refuses to tell me what's wrong then I refuse to be blind and turn my back on my instincts. "I'm going to be late to class. I gotta go. I'll tell Niall." I walk away without another word.

I don't understand why he doesn't trust me. I thought we were a team.

I could still feel Liam's gaze on me but I ignore him. I know he expects me to trust him but I also expect him to be honest with me.

Walking into the gym, I change into my volleyball clothing and prepare to play. The blood in my body is boiling and I need this release of anger. The thing I hate is that I have to take my anger out on my team mates. I don't want them to be stuck in the cross-fire. Damn Liam for all his secrets!

"Caption vs. Caption! Choose your teams now!" Coach yells from the bleachers. Sophia gives me a triumphant smile, already declaring victory.

We choose our teams and set up. "Good luck Lesly!" Gwen cheers from the side of the court. I smile at her but I know the smile doesn't reach my eyes. Gwen frowns slightly knowing that something is wrong just by the look of my eyes. I ignore the sadness inside of me and let the anger resurface.