Chapter 4: Encounters

Deidara

I got up from the shower floor when the two left to their mission and I swore that I saw something aside from coldness in the Uchiha's glare. Perhaps it was my imagination- my imagination that he would help me, that it could be him but no, he had come here in search of his partner and if he had seen and ordered him to leave me alone, he would have because nobody messed with the Uchiha; they feared him and it was normal, even I feared him. His eyes, his abilities, everything about him was perfect. He was the strongest here and he was only twenty-one years old. So young, so strong, much different than I!

I finished getting ready and exited the showers, primarily because I didn't want to be here when the others came. I walked the hallway towards my room and I didn't know why, but I couldn't help but think of the stare that the Uchiha had sent my way. I didn't know why he had looked at me, normally he wouldn't- he never did. In reality, I don't even think he knows what happens to me in this organization; he never worried about me and we practically never talked to each other so there was no way he could really know. Plus, I doubted Kisame, his own partner, would explain to him how everyone abused me whatever chance they get.

Truth is, I envied Itachi a little. He had much more liberty than I did. He was never around the base, he left and came back whenever he felt like it, he got everything he proposed, he had this feeling of security and prepotency. I suppose that being feared for his eyes, it was something that allowed him to do what he wanted, unlike me. I couldn't escape, couldn't leave, couldn't decide for myself. I wasn't strong like him, I didn't have any security over my own self and because of that, everyone walked all over me.

I left my towel in my room, my hair wet and loose as I headed out to eat, walking through the longest hallway, the one far away from the showers because surely at this point, they were all headed there. When I entered the kitchen, Konan was the only one left. Truthfully, she was the one who least worried me. She had never said anything out of place to me, nor had she ever done anything to me. I didn't hate or like her, to me, she was just indifferent. She greeted me and slid over the counter a bowl with this morning's breakfast. I returned the greeting, taking the chance to eat standing up. Sitting down wasn't even an option, I couldn't do it without making pained expressions!

"Where did the Uchiha team go?" I asked Konan because she was close to the leader.

"They have a mission outside, but it won't take long for them to come back. They just had to pick up some information." She commented.

"Are there any missions for me?" I asked her, really wanting to go far away, leave for a good amount of time without being near them.

"At the moment, no." She said. "But if anything comes up, I'll tell you."

I was pissed off a little. If they had only gone to gain some information, they could have told me and I would have happily appreciated it for letting me out of this place even if it was for a few hours. I hated everything about this place. Also, to go out for information, it wasn't necessary to send Kisame and Itachi, they were good for battle whereas being the weaker one, I could have easily taken care of getting the information myself without any problems.

I finished eating and decided to go out for a bit to train. I had to train a lot if I wanted to kill them all! I was going to show them that although I wasn't as strong as them right now, one day I would be. So strong even, that I would even have enough strength to kill Itachi. He was my greatest challenge, my rival to beat, the one who had won all my hate when I lost against him that day and entered this organization. Though, even with all that hate I had, I could never forget those eyes. The reason being his eyes were pure art, just like his body. He was the most brilliant being I had ever crossed, even if he had that serious and superior personality. His figure fascinated me. But I was only a child at his side who's art was to blow things up! An ability as disastrous as the life of its owner, Sasori had told me once, that I was condemned to die young. My art would be my destruction.