Chapter 27: Conversations

Deidara

I didn't know what the hell was going on here, but both brothers seemed to want to kill themselves without having an even bigger problem right now as he had seen Sasuke kiss me. Either way, Itachi was willing to take me back to Akatsuki but I didn't want to go back and somehow I knew that Sasuke would never allow him.

Moreover, not only did I have to support the two of them with their arrogance and their ways of behaving, but on top of that, I was trapped with them under a pile of accumulated snow.

"Let's look for another exit." Sasuke commented, walking deeper into the cave.

"Don't you order me around." The other said.

"Can the both of you stop it?" I got angry. "You're like two little kids and I'm not interested in being stuck here until I die, so we are all going to look for an exit."

We began walking although the two of them kept looking at each other almost lethally. It's as if they were going to kill each other as soon as I looked away and on top of that, we had a grave problem: I was scared of Itachi ever since he violated me. I hadn't exactly told Sasuke in specifics as to how it occurred, but he knew that Itachi had taken advantage of me. He walked ahead of me, leading the way and I couldn't stop looking at him because I was scared and attracted at the same time. How was this possible?!

I trembled only by the sight of his back, by sensing his presence in front of me. I shook for what Itachi stood for and that was: an Uchiha- someone strong who could do whatever he wanted. I was no rival for him. And if he violated me again? Who was going to stop him? He was much stronger than I was. I thought about that when I felt someone grab my hand and I turned around to face Sasuke behind me, smiling as he tried to calm me down.

It calmed me down a bit, because according to so called legends, only an Uchiha could take out another Uchiha. Perhaps that's why Itachi took out his entire clan- because only an Uchiha was capable of stopping him.

We walked for over an hour in that grotto until we arrived at a much wider place with water. We could even see drops of water fall from a stalactite to a pond that had formed under it. Surely because the accumulation of snow over us filtrated all the way down here.

Itachi stopped and observed the place before climbing down from our obscure hallway to the open space. I saw him stop by the shore and touch the water with his hand, making a face I interpreted as 'It's freezing!

"We'll rest here and continue looking later." He told us with his voice serious and firm.

"I'm not tired." Sasuke said, going against him.

"Well, I am." Itachi said back, also going against him, doubting he was tired.

The thing between these two, was they fought over everything. In all honesty they were just like kids. They hadn't seen each other in years and from what I know of the news that reached Akatsuki, the last time Itachi saw him, without saying much to his brother, he had broken the boy's wrist before putting him under an illusion that left him in a coma for days.

I sat on one of the rocks to rest and saw how the brothers sat a great distance away from each other although they wouldn't stop looking at each other with their Sharingan on. They were a case. Were they ever going to stop? By the looks of it, no.

"Weren't you going to kill me when you had the same eyes as me?" Itachi asked teasingly.

"I will." Sasuke said, smiling.

"Are you waiting for me to go to sleep or what? That's just like you; a coward."

"I prefer to be a coward than a traitor." Sasuke said very hatefully. "You killed your family, your entire clan. You're insignificant."