Chapter 38: Bedroom Conflicts

Sasuke Uchiha

I felt like an imbecile. I was now sitting on the tree branch waiting for the morning to come and each time I thought over how I had cried in front of Naruto, I felt weak, impotent, and even more of an imbecile. Since when does Sasuke Uchiha cry in front of a dobe like him? The only thing that gave me a bit of comfort was knowing he wouldn't say anything; I didn't want anyone knowing about that weak little detail.

The only problem now was that Naruto looked at me with pitiful eyes. He felt pity over what they had done to me! I didn't want his damn pity, I wanted him to look at me like always: the proud, high and mighty Sasuke Uchiha that always had things under control.

That morning we continued once again to cross the desert and oddly... we all held a deathly silence. I didn't want to talk about anything, much less since Naruto had found out what they had done to me in prison. Naruto didn't even dare look at me, he felt too sorry for me and didn't know what to talk to me about. That was the last straw! Sakura, after crossing the line yesterday with Naruto, telling him everything and seeing how he rushed off to help me, preferred to keep silent to avoid the blond getting closer to Sai and I. Sai simply preferred silence so he wouldn't provoke a problem like yesterday.

We arrived at the gates of Suna and everything seemed to be going great, at least to the rest of the team, whom were received with open arms whereas I had arms pointed at directly at me. Seems like nobody told them about my visit. They didn't back off until Gaara came and ordered them to lower their arms, arguing that this was not how they treated guests.

I followed them through the streets and the people looked at me the same as always. I suppose I should start getting used to this. I realized as I looked ahead that Naruto was observing me with those damn pitiful eyes of his- how I hated those eyes! I wasn't the 'poor Uchiha,' I was the 'Proud Uchiha.' I wanted him to stop looking at me like that, with pity, I didn't need his pity nor his compassion. I wanted him to be the same Naruto he always was with me.

Gaara invited us to stay at his house, but I preferred to go to some shelter or hostel, I didn't want to annoy anyone else with my visit, but he practically forced me to stay. I still remembered when I fought against him during the exam; honestly this guy had changed a lot since then.

The only ones who really welcomed me with decency were Gaara's siblings, but then... those two never really had any prejudice towards me and if I was here, they knew it had to be for something, so they didn't ask me any questions and treated me indifferently, which I really appreciated! I may not have talked much with them, but then again, I barely talked with anyone so they didn't hold it against me.

To sleep... Sakura had left towards a room on her own and left us guys to share the other two bedrooms. Of course, I didn't want to go with Naruto after what had happened yesterday and now that he knew everything.

"I'll go with Sai." I said dryly and Sai was surprised over it.

"Don't even start." Naruto said. "He only wants... only wants to see a certain part of you." He said, moodily.

"Like I care, I'm only going to sleep." I told him.

"You can't go with him and that's final." He said.

"Why not?"

"Because I'm responsible for looking over you, they've commended this mission to me so you have to be with me all twenty-four hours of the day."

Huh, and I almost forgot about that. It was true they had given Naruto this mission and that he was in charge of watching me- to my worst of luck.

"Fine." I said. "Just don't snore too much, I want to sleep." I told him as I entered the room.