Chapter 58: Medical Assistance

Sasuke Uchiha

When I woke up, my entire body hurt. I could barely move and my arms could barely respond because although I could more or less move my arms, my hands would not react. I looked to my side once I felt a weight over my shoulder and discovered Naruto sleeping. He looked so tired, although I suppose he had probably stayed up all night.

I wanted to touch him, I was dying to do it, but I couldn't move my arms and that pained me even more. I wanted to be able to touch him, to hug him, but I couldn't do anything aside from looking at him. I passed my eyes from his face to the clock, watching the hours go by. He must've been very tired because there was no way of him waking up or letting go. I liked having his hand over my waist but I would've liked it even more if I could do the same.

When he finally woke up, it cost him to open his eyes from the light that came in through the window. However, once realizing that I was awake, he immediately opened them and threw himself to hug me. I wanted to hug him as well. I was dying to have his face in my hands and kiss him but I couldn't and I couldn't take this situation.

I apologized to Naruto once he started ranting; I knew he was mad at me because I had shielded him. He was so pissed off because he thought they killed me because of him, for having protected him, for activating grand techniques of great potency with my debilitated body and I knew the majority of damage had been done by me but I couldn't let them kill or hurt Naruto.

I couldn't avoid crying when Naruto kissed me but it's just that it was true what he had said. He was right and I felt so guilty because I could've left him alone and that wasn't my intention. It was impossible to contain my tears. I was about to lose him and I didn't want that to happen. Naruto hugged me tightly after seeing me cry and luckily, I knew he would never say anything but even so, it still cost me to cry in front of him. It made me feel weak and stupid but I had been so scared of loosing him in that battle.

"Come, it's all passed now, I'm okay. I'm okay thanks to you, Sasuke." He told me but I still cried.

"Don't tell anybody about this, Naruto." I told him although I knew he would never.

"You know that I have never seen you cry, Sasuke. Do it whenever you want, I'll never say anything. I'll always be here at your side."

"I didn't want to lose you."

"I know, I love you, Sasuke."

"And I you, dobe." I said, trying to stop crying while Naruto once again kissed me more calmly this time, more gently.

We heard a throat-clearing sound from the door and Naruto let go of my mouth to see who was entering the room and it surprised him to see Ino come in to check my wounds. Naruto stayed with me in the room while Ino checked me and finally, she said I could go home so long as I rested because I couldn't do anything else but rest and be at home. It's not like I could do much with my hands like this; I hoped this situation would pass soon.

Naruto had to help me to his house but I had a grave problem once I entered the door, Naruto closing it behind him. I didn't know if I should tell him or not but it's just that it embarrassed me having to ask him this. I had always been independent, I never needed anybody's help and now... I needed Naruto's help for this. I blushed and he looked at me strange; he knew something was wrong with me.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Naruto... I have to go to the bathroom." I said all of a sudden, trying to avoid the embarrassment.

"You know where it is, no?"

"Yeah, but I can't move my hands."

I couldn't take anymore with my embarrassment. Asking this of Naruto was too much for me but there was no other option. I could still remember the first time I had to help Naruto piss, although he too, had helped me. It was during a mission and our hands had been joined together by some sticky ability and the damn dobe had to pee constantly. Naruto had a great problem with that because he always had to pee when we began something important, like the Chunnin Exams, for example. He was a lost case. Either way, I didn't expect to have to tell him this and ask for help, but without movement in my hands, it was a bit complicated to even take it out of my pants.