Chapter 47: Team Taka

Suigetsu

It's been days since we've seen Sasuke and we had searched everywhere. Him and his fucking habit of going who knows where whenever he wanted to, so many excuses about wanting to be alone and now he disappeared. He could've at least told us where he was leaving to and not leave us laying around in the base waiting for him without doing anything!

Karin was insupportable each day thinking about Sasuke. At first, I could tolerate her and told her he'd be back. Sasuke was like that; sometimes he'd leave for a couple of days and then come back with a mission or something for us to do, but when four days passed, even I started to worry. A week then passed and now I was sure something had happened because Sasuke was never this late in coming back.

I walked all around the base, even going as far as to see Pein in his tower in the Village Hidden in the Rain to ask if he knew anything, but it's as if the earth had swallowed him whole. Nobody knew anything about Sasuke except for a faint rumor about Sasuke being in Konoha— something I doubted! Sasuke didn't want to go back, so there was no fucking way he could be there, this had to be one of the many rumors that were false.

Pein said the exact same thing: that he had heard that he was in Konoha and although I didn't believe it, Pein assured me that with the fear everyone had of Sasuke, the rumor could be true because the people of Konoha would never let something like that out if they didn't have any foundation to it. They would say it and spread it around so other villages would want to or even demand that he be executed; he was wanted everywhere, it was normal. They would create a complicated diplomatic order, they couldn't help it, all the nations searched for him for some crime or another. They would be the ones to send requests to Konoha to have him killed.

Sasuke really was in a world of trouble this time! How the hell did it occur to him to go back to Konoha? On top of that, without warning us! What was so important in Konoha that he abandoned our team to leave to that village that for so long despised his brother and him? I don't know if this was a good idea, but I wasn't about to throw out all our hard work to know why. He had formed this team, we were good at what we did and we were here doing nothing because our leader had left to visit his village.

What happened now with getting revenge on his brother? He desired it with so much hatred that he let go of everything for it, even Konoha and now he went back. And his vengeance? What happened to that? We had worked until exhaustion following his brother and now... we had no clue as to where he was. What was Sasuke thinking? I would've gone in person if necessary to ask what was going on because I was lost. I don't know what mission we had, what we had to do, nor who to help or kill. Sasuke was the one to decide these things and he wasn't here.

I decided to take Karin to inspect the surroundings of the base in case she found any trace of Sasuke. She could sense and trace chakra, that's why Sasuke utilized her: to search for his brother and find him. So now, we would use her to find him and just like in the rumors... he was in Konoha!

"What's he doing in Konoha?" Karin asked me and Juugo shrugged.

"I don't know, but we're going to find out." I told them. "Let's go." I ordered them.

"We're moving?"

"Yes." I told them. "Towards Konoha."

We were late to arrive since we had distanced ourselves too much, but even with Karin's complaints, we didn't stop to even rest at night. We continued running through the trees and only stopped for a few minutes to rest when we could no longer keep going. I prohibited ourselves from sleeping, we had to get there. I wanted an explanation of what was going on and it had better be something convincing because I would not tolerate him doing this to us for some stupid reason.