Chapter 53: Come with Me

Sasuke Uchiha

I had arrived late to town. Dusk was nearing and when I asked around town for my brother, the people didn't seem to have him too much in mind but when I asked for Deidara, everyone indicated very clearly where they lived. I suppose blond hair was unusual around these parts; it attracted more attention than my brother because I didn't think my brother had activated his Sharingan— which was what attracted the most attention out of him.

When I knocked on the door and Deidara opened, he was confused to see me there but let me go inside, telling me that my brother had gone out in search for some firewood but that he'd be back soon. I suppose he was surprised, which was normal: they thought nobody knew where they were and here I was at their door. I had to explain how Karin could trace them.

Deidara prepared me a room where I could stay for a few days but I didn't want to bother them much with my visit and even more knowing my brother, who would surely be very busy with Deidara— overall at night— and I didn't want to stay around for much time. I would look for my own place some time later, but for now it was only for a few days although Deidara said it didn't matter, that I could stay as long as I needed.

Deidara was always like this. I even believed that he did this from the way I behaved with him in the past when I protected him; I gave him a place where he could stay safe and now he was doing the same for me, but it was only a thought. When he finished fixing the room, we came out to the dining room and I couldn't help but notice the furniture they had— it wasn't much— but I think they had built them themselves.

My brother was good at everything, that's why it didn't surprise me that he had built them. I was bad enough at crafts but of course, my brother was the authentic genius Uchiha. He knew everything, he was strong, intelligent, attractive, he knew how to fight, cook, craft... he was perfect. Me, on the other hand, was born blunt. I always had the best grades in the academy and was only good for killing and nothing else. I never dedicated myself to cooking or doing normal things; I only trained and trained even more to kill faster. I was only a vengeful being.

I sat on the couch they had and it was really comfortable— good hands my brother had for this! If I ever had a proper house, I would have to ask him to make me my furniture, what an art he had. Deidara, too, sat down next to me while he sharpened a few kunais over the table. I guessed they were either his or my brothers. He didn't want to ask me why I had come here, so I decided to intervene myself, mostly because I trusted him more than my own brother.

"You're not going to ask me anything?" I asked him.

"Of why you've come here? I know how reserved you are, Sasuke." He told me. "If you want to tell me, I'll listen and if you don't... you can tell your brother when he comes back."

"I don't want to tell my brother." I told him.

"Naruto?" He asked me and I found it odd that he knew his name. "You talked in your sleep at times. I used to hear you say his name when I was in your base that one time."

"Yeah." I said with resignation. "Naruto. It has cost me a lot to make him realize I existed and now that we were good... I think I crossed the line, but I hoped he would believe me when I told him it hadn't been me."

"It hadn't been you?" He asked.

"A long story." I told him. "But to make it short, I did something I shouldn't have, tortured some guys that did me wrong, but I didn't kill them and he won't believe me."

"Are you sure he doesn't believe you?" He asked me.

"He yelled at me, he cornered me in the shower and blamed me."