Chapter 52: Looking for You

Naruto Uzumaki

I woke up in place I didn't know— somewhere very white, very solitary and I guessed... that this was the hospital, although I had no idea why I was here. I wasn't supposed to be here! Sasuke hadn't hurt me to the point where I needed to be in the hospital and I didn't feel like staying. I wanted to go after Sasuke because he had escaped me once already in the past and I took long enough to get him back; I was not going to lose him a second time.

I got up from the bed and got dressed to go home and grab a few weapons to immediately go after Sasuke. I couldn't waste anymore time here because the more time I stayed in this hospital, the more advantage Sasuke had to get farther away. Sasuke was fast, he could easily get more distance between us if I took too long.

Once I was dressed and able to walk out to go home and grab a few things, Sakura entered from out of nowhere and was surprised to see me awake, up and dressed. I don't think she expected me to want to leave as fast as possible, but it didn't matter to me, I grabbed all my belongings and began walking towards the door.

"Where are you going, Naruto?"

"You know where I'm going." I told her.

"You're an imbecile, what more do you need to realize that Sasuke isn't the same? Look at what he's done to you!"

"What has he done to me? Hit me a few times? Use his Sharingan on me? He's always done this ever since we were little; we've hit each other more than a few times and you know it— you were always trying to separate us."

"You never learn. You can't see the evil that's in Sasuke. He's killed people, don't you see it?"

"It wasn't him."

"And you believe him?"

"If he says it wasn't him, I believe him. He has no reason to lie to me much less confess what he had really done, so I'd appreciate it if you would stop trying to acuse him whenever you have the chance to because you're giving me the impression that you're the one pulling the strings on everyone here and I'm not going to permit that you, or anybody, separate me from him."

"He's escaped." She told me. "As if he were a criminal."

"He left so they wouldn't kill him!" I shouted. "He left because all of you really want to see him dead but I'm not thinking of abandoning him like everyone did. I'm going after him!"

"And you'll bring him back..." She said a bit disappointed.

"No, I'm leaving." I said very sure of myself.

"Are you crazy?! They're going to give you the position as Hokage, it's what you've always wanted!"

"I don't want it if it's not with Sasuke." I told her. "If I can't save a single person... how am I going to save an entire village? No, I prefer Sasuke right now."

I walked away from Sakura and headed straight home. How people changed! It was something I didn't understand: how Sakura could go from that deep love she had for Sasuke to hating him like she did now. I think it had only been a simple attraction, just like Ino had told me. Only Ino had realized by then that it wasn't love, that it was only because Sasuke was handsome. But who didn't find him attractive? Sasuke was very handsome. Cold, but handsome and only I knew how sweet he could be because only I had the luck to make that cold iceberg fall in love with me.

I never imagined that my admiration for him would convert to love. That all those other fights, those other moments where Sasuke insulted me or challenged me, would become this. That they would all become a single, huge feeling for him that sometimes... it scared me a little, because it was Sasuke: cold, antisocial, vengeful. He was a complicated guy to have a relationship with but he was still my guy and I wasn't going to permit him to escape from me. I was going to demonstrate to him just how Uzumaki Naruto was when angry.