Chapter 43: Out!

Sasuke Uchiha

Once again back in prison! Sakura surprised me each time, though I asked myself why Naruto didn't let my kunai go through her head... we'd all be better off without her, but of course, in the end it was always me who paid for everything. I sat on the other side of the cell, leaning my back against the wall and simply... waited and waited because in here, there was nothing much to do.

At the moment, they hadn't even taken me back to prison. I was in a dungeon waiting for my sentence or some superior's decision to dictate if I should go to prison, something that will happen, seeing how half of them were from ANBU. I supposed Danzou wouldn't be too far from his brilliant plan.

Now that I recalled Danzou... everything came to me from when he told me his plan about assassinating Naruto, but I didn't remember doing anything. Was that what Naruto referred to when he told me that I had tried to kill him last night? I'm so dead! If that confirmed that it was true, then I was lost. Not even Naruto would save me from this one. If I told him I didn't want to come back to the village, it was for a reason. Why is it that that airhead never listens to me when I speak?

I suppose there was no turning back, I was dead, these would be my last hours before they decided on my sentence, but I knew very well what they would declare. They had Sakura as a witness and she hated me, she would do anything in her power against me just so she could have Naruto. What's more, she had already told me she was going to enjoy watching me die and then there was Danzou; of course they were going to kill me.

That night, it didn't surprise me to see a bunch of people. It seemed to be visiting day, but it was something that was bound to happen: everyone wanted me to know how happy they were that finally... they would kill me. If I said I wasn't scared, I'd  be lying, but I wasn't planning on showing it. I was an Uchiha, sarcastic and proud until the end like every good Uchiha. Sakura was the first to appear- because why not- to tell me how happy she was.

"Well, I'm happy to have fucked your boyfriend." I told her, smiling and she punched the bars in a fury, although I only laughed.

"You're an asshole."

"Yes, you've told me countless times. Lucky for me, I won't have to listen to you anymore."

"Go to hell, Sasuke." She told me.

"I'll see you there, whore."

She marched off smiling. I supposed because she was thinking about how she wouldn't be seeing me anymore because she was right: I'll be dead within a short amount of time. The next visit I had was even more interesting... Danzou.

"I didn't expect to see you." I commented. "In fact, I don't want to see you, guards!" I shouted. "Get him out of here!"

"You may not want to see me, but you'll change your mind when you hear what I have to say." He told me.

"You're going to propose some great deal to save me?"

"No." He smiled as he told me. "There's no saving you." He commented with a grand smile. "But just to show you that I can be kind, I'll permit you to save Naruto."

"Oh, how generous. Why would I have to trust you?"

"Because you have no other option." He said. "You can stay here to wait for your death or you can save Naruto's life before they kill you."

"How?" I asked.

"You just have to get him away from you."

"Why? How's that going to help you?"

"It would help me a lot if you accomplish getting him depressed because he would loose interest in becoming Hokage. Get him out of my way and I could let him live."