Chapter 18: Not you

Deidara

I ate with Itachi and I could say with assurance, that I just loved his smile. It was simply spectacular- I could watch him like an idiot wishing for his rare smiles. True, they were limited, but I also knew that he smiled more often and most of them, if not all, were for me.

Once we finished eating, we excused ourselves to the bedroom since Itachi didn't like being around the others, even if two of them hadn't been back from the infirmary. That helped me remain calm a bit.

Once in the room, Itachi threw himself on the bed and began to fall asleep. Was it because he hadn't slept? Because he slept well, he didn't have nightmares like I did, so it was impossible that he was sleepy, although, it looked like it. I laid down by his side a bit and ran my fingers through his hair until he fell asleep.

I thought back on how Sasori was being nice and, I don't know, wasn't there something strange? Strange because the last time he was nice to me, was when he healed my wounds, take me into his bedroom, and abuse me, so I didn't know what to think of his kindness. I thought about it until I fell asleep caressing Itachi. When I woke up, I was still hugging my sleepy Uchiha.

I noticed a small detail when I neared him to gently kiss his neck. It was his aroma. It captivated me; he smelled natural, just as he was because I've never seen him put something on. He always showered, cleaned himself, and came back out as he was. Even so, he smelled clean, like himself, and I liked it. It made me feel secure and protected- he simply smelled like a man! Like how he was because to be sincere, I sometimes felt like a child at his side. He was strong, masculine, serious; he was a man as good as they come even if he was twenty-one years old. Meanwhile, I continued to have this child mentality, more innocent, more curiosity like a kid rather than a man and that scared me a bit because sometimes I thought: I could never be at his level. Who would ever be at the level of an Uchiha?

It was weird at the same time: to feel protected by someone. Itachi gave off a feeling of security in himself, he radiated trust and strength; he was the terror of Akatsuki and I think, that even in their best moments, nobody would ever be able to defeat him. He had even once blocked Kisame's sword with a kunai! He was that incredible. How does one not feel protected with a guy like that? It was hypnotic to watch him fight because his genjutsu was worthy of seeing; it fooled anybody and he never lost his calm. It was true though, he never liked to fight much since he tried avoiding them, but when he had to, he did so without flinching. He tried to end the fights as quick as possible; he was everything opposite of Hidan, who loved to extend the battles to torture his victims.

I looked over to Itachi, noting that he was still asleep. He looked like a bear in hibernation, there was no way of waking him up. I tried many things, but nothing. He didn't respond and I was getting hungry, I would've liked to go grab something to eat.

I waited a bit more and I thought on whether I should wake him or not because honestly, I was dying of hunger. In the end, I decided that yes, I was going to try to wake him up again and although I tried thousands of ways, there was none to wake him up. Well, in that case, I'll give him a surprise. I'll go out for something to eat and bring it back here for the both of us. Not even an earthquake could wake this guy up! He slept like a log, he wasn't even fazed when I got up and closed the door behind me to bring some food.

There was no one in the kitchen, but then again, it was late, very late. I looked for some things that I could take back to the room and especially looked for those rice balls that Itachi liked. I still didn't understand how he didn't like steak! But anyways, he liked rice, he was a lost cause, I smiled as I remembered. Me, on the other hand, was practically looking for a rhinoceros or a buffalo to eat because I was hungry. Of course, there was none of that so I had to make do with what had been prepared, which was basically, some meat and rice.