Chapter 17: Sweet Dreams

Akasuna no Sasori

That damn Uchiha was going to pay for everything. He wasn't going to take my man; Deidara would be mine for better of for worse. That means I'd have to design something that could block Itachi and at the same time, for him not to notice. The complicated part was getting Itachi not to notice what we were up to, so the most convenient thing, would be for Deidara himself to give it to him. He trusts him and the poor idiot wouldn't even notice what Deidara was really giving the Uchiha.

I went to work on it immediately. Luckily, I was accustomed to working with poisons. I didn't want to kill him and that was a problem for me since my poisons tended to be lethal. I decided not to kill him - I wanted to see the Uchiha fall. I wanted to see him sunk and destroyed when he realizes everything that happened to Deidara - to realize he couldn't be there to help him and for that, I couldn't kill him.

I worked day and night on my newest project. I wanted something useful that could barely be noticed and especially to the sense of taste. Something that could pass as invisible on anything and after two days of non-stop working, I finally did it, my masterpiece. This would knock out the Uchiha during the sufficient time to release my brilliant plan on Deidara, although of course, I would need to convince the rest and I didn't know if it was possible after the beating they got from the Uchiha; everyone was scared of him.

I suppose it was normal to fear him; he was the strongest here, and to be quite honest, between him and Pain, I don't know who would win. Still, no one would ever mess with them, they were the best. Ever since Itachi saw them hurting the blond, he hadn't separated from him for at least a second. He protected him and continuously watched out for him. Nobody would dare go up to Deidara knowing the Uchiha was behind him. I still don't know how I would separate them, but at the given moment, he would. I just had to think of a plan.

I walked out of my room after days without them seeing me and I directly headed in search for Kisame to share my brilliant plan with him. I found him eating a delicious steak. It didn't strike me odd seeing him alone since his partner was busy in his own room with my blond while Kakuzu and Hidan were still in the infirmary thanks to the Uchiha. Two days and they still hadn't woken up! They had pissed off the Uchiha more than necessary and that could only have one conclusion: Itachi cared more about Deidara than we all thought. If he hadn't cared, those two wouldn't be in the infirmary and I would be the one in my room with the blond and not him.

I couldn't stand imagining them together. I clenched my fists before speaking to Kisame. What was very clear to me, was that I had to separate those two, one way or another - even if I had to use the lowest techniques to get it.

I neared Kisame and sat at his side, observing how he ate his steak with a face of absolute happiness until he noticed my presence and turned to look at me.

"What's up, Sasori?" He asked.

"I want you to help me with a new plan." I said.

"Is that why we haven't seen you these last few days?"

"Yeah, I was designing something new." I explained.

"What's it about, this brilliant plan of yours?" He asked.

"I want Deidara." Kisame started laughing. "What are you laughing about?" I asked him with the very little patience I had. I wasn't in the mood for his foolishness!

"He's with the Uchiha. It's impossible to get near him." Kisame told me. "It's suicide messing with him, you've seen Kakuzu and Hidan." He commented. "And believe me when I tell you that it's scary when Hidan screams. He's supposed to be immortal, he's a sadist and fears nothing. I don't even want to think what the Uchiha did to him to make him scream that way."