Chapter 31: Locked Up

Sasuke Uchiha

My head hurt as I began to wake up. I recalled there being something on my neck and I reached over to search for what it was, though now, there was nothing. That bitch was going to pay! How dare she do this to me? This was supposed to be an unsettled issue between Naruto and I; she had no reason to interfere. I was going to kill Sakura when I get out of here- let her know once and for all just who Sasuke Uchiha was and to demonstrate that no one could drug me the way she did.

I looked around, trying to see where I was but I couldn't see much apart from a dark cell and a deafening silence. I touched my forehead and winced due to the pain all over my head. God! What had that bitch drugged me with?

I don't know why, but I started remembering Naruto's bleeding neck. Was he okay? Surely he was, I wasn't really going to do anything to him. Why couldn't I kill him? It was simple, I had him at my mercy- I only had to press the katana deeper, but I didn't do it. Why the hell didn't I do it? If I had done it, I would've been far from here not dealing with this headache and not asking myself where they had locked me up.

A light appeared from far away and I didn't even want to move from where I was. I preferred to stay laying there although what I did do, was turn my back to the hallway because it was of no importance to me as to who it was, I didn't care.

"Sasuke?" I heard a feminine voice call out to me as the light reached my cell.

"Leave." I told her.

"We have to talk." Sakura said.

"Leave, you damn bitch." I said. "I assure you that even from here I could kill you."

"I know you hate me at this moment, but you were going to kill Naruto. You didn't give me any other option."

"Are you an idiot or faking it? Did you really think I was going to kill Naruto?" I asked her from where I was without turning around.

"You were pressing your katana against his neck. He was bleeding."

"He was pressing it against himself; he walked up to it. I didn't move it a millimeter. It hurt me more to see how he pressed it against him and I was almost about to retrieve it but Naruto impeded it." I told her and she was surprised.

"Have they informed you of what will happen now?" She asked me.

"No, but I can imagine. I supposed they'll do away with me, I'm only a traitor."

"Naruto wants you to come back to the team." She clarified.

"Yeah, but not you. Not even your new little doll who tries to fill in the hole I left."

"His name is Sai." Sakura corrected.

"I don't care what his name is, none of the two of you want me back, isn't that it?"

"Yes." She said. "Understand it, you tried to kill me. I can't trust you for any missions."

"And has anybody asked me if I wanted to come back?" Sakura was surprised. "I don't want to work with you guys, I didn't want to come back. You asked Naruto to find me and since being a moron, he promised you and didn't stop looking for me until he's finally brought me back. So now what, Sakura? You wanted me back to kill me? You always had Naruto at your feet and never paid attention to him, but I've seen how you look at him. I know you love him."

"And what of it?" She asked me. "You never paid attention to me. Can't I change my feelings?"

"Oh yes, of course." I told her. "But to gain a love you rejected so many times, you've gone as far as to use Naruto to look for me while you keep at his side, crying and making yourself the victim so he could love you more. You're going to kill me just to have him for yourself. Impressive, Sakura."