Chapter 48: Hot Springs

Naruto Uzumaki

When I woke up, I couldn't feel Sasuke's weight on my arm and as much as I looked for him with my other arm, I couldn't find him. I got worried as I couldn't feel him anywhere and I opened my eyes rapidly seeing that he wasn't on the futon with me. He had gotten up and I thought perhaps he had marched off somewhere, although I didn't know where to and that worried me even more because the entire village despised him, so I didn't like the thought of him going out by himself. I wanted to be with him at all times in case he needed help, in case he needed a witness to deny all the things people could begin to say or make up about him.

I got up quickly and headed towards the closet to look for my clothes. I hadn't even taken off my pijama pants to go out searching for him when the sliding door to my room opened, revealing Sasuke completely dressed. I was in shock at seeing him, but he blushed to see me without pants.

"Is that how it is now?" He asked with a smug smile. "You can't go a second with your pants on?" He teasingly asked and I smiled.

"With you here, it's impossible." I joked.

"Naruto...you're too horny lately, it's bad for you." He said, smiling at me.

"It'll be bad for me only if you reject me." I told him, getting closer to him to kiss him. "Where have you gone, Sasuke?" I asked and he looked at me strangely.

"To take care of a pending problem." He told me.

"What problem?"

"A problem with my team."

"With your team? Your team is here?" I asked.

"So it seems. They were worried about my long absence and wanted to know if something happened. I've taken care of it."

"Alright." I told him as to not bring anymore problems.

I had breakfast with him and to be quite honest... I was still worried about his team coming here, not because I was jealous that I'd have to share my time with Sasuke with them, but because I didn't want Sasuke to march off because they had come to take him. They knew as well as I did that to Sasuke, it was a risk staying in the village, so it would make sense that they try to convince him to leave once again and I wasn't going to permit anybody to separate me from Sasuke. He was mine and I wanted him always at my side.

Perhaps I was a little annoyed ever since I found out that his team was here and Sasuke noticed it right away. I didn't have the same easy advantage that Sasuke had to feign that things were okay when they really weren't; he knew how to camouflage his feelings but I didn't. What I felt is what I felt and I loved him, I was too conflicted just thinking about loosing him.

"What's wrong?" Sasuke asked me as he took a sip from his milk.

"Did you ever sleep with anyone in your group?" I asked, the doubt was killing me!

"Mmm... no." He told me. "Although, Karin came to wake me every morning, you understand what I mean."

"And you say it so calmly?" I asked, annoyed.

"You asked." He said with the same seriousness as always. "Did you want me to lie?"

"No." I told him. "Or yes, I don't know, Sasuke."

"Then decide." He said. "Are you jealous?" He asked, smiling.

"Perhaps a bit." I told him, pouting like a little kid and I saw Sasuke get up to reach across the table and grab my head as he neared to kiss me.

"I love only you, dobe." He told me as he smiled.

"Yeah... but Karin blew you in the mornings." I reminded him and he began to laugh.