Chapter 29: New Beginning

Itachi Uchiha

In reality, Pein tried to convince me a couple of more times but with all this mess that had been put on Deidara, he didn't impose much on more letting us leave. He told me he would look for new members although, he didn't want to lose me. But oh well, it was my decision and in something, Deidara was right: I was Itachi Uchiha, no one stopped me and if I didn't want to stay, then I didn't stay and much less after all that had happened.

We accompanied Sasuke back to his base and when Deidara couldn't hear us, I threatened him about staying away from Deidara if we ever saw each other again because I was capable of cutting his hands and something else if he ever dared lay a single finger on him, be it voluntarily, from deals, agreements, or forced.

My brother smiled and promised not to touch or insinuate on him, although I didn't know if I could completely trust him. I found myself a bit jealous that he had had relations with Deidara because he was my brother and younger; it was all strange to me, or at least I had felt that way. I didn't even want to ask Deidara which of the two of us was better because I didn't want to have the possibility that he tell me he preferred my brother. Although, one thing was very clear: he loved me, because he chose to come with me.

We walked for days after leaving my brother with his team. We weren't in any hurry, we were traitors in every village, after all. We were S-class criminals, wanted just so they could kill us so we had no place to go. We only walked, passing by a few small villages and we only stayed for a few days. We would eventually find somewhere to start over, where nobody would recognize us but at the moment, we had to stay away from everything.

Deidara seemed to be doing well with each passing day, although it cost me to have him trust me again. I barely touched him for a few days, kissed him from time to time and like always, we slept in each other's arms- sleeping and nothing else only because I wouldn't dare do anything else with him. I didn't want to force him into doing things he didn't want to do and with all that he had gone through, including that lie about me being the one who violated him, I didn't want to risk loosing him over something stupid. He now seemed to be recuperating because sometimes, it was him who would come looking for my touch. In occasions, it was a simple touch of the hands, in others, he even dared to kiss me and when he dared do everything else, he hugged me at night and caressed my abdomen or my chest.

In part of it, I liked his delicacy, his tenderness and when I watched him sleep, I knew perfectly well that he was the perfect one for me. It could be that he needed more strength, but he would soon gain that. I myself offered to train with him to help him improve and I knew that with good training, he could definitely be better.

In the end, we ended up in the outskirts of a small village very distanced from Konoha. The more farther away the better! At least, that's what I thought because I didn't want any problems with the village now that everything had been revealed. It could be that after knowing the reason behind the massacre of my clan, they would consider me a hero, but I didn't want that. I only wanted to live in peace with Deidara, knowing that my little brother was safe and sound. Although I had my doubts, because he was also a traitor like I was and that had me nervous. It made me think if he really was safe or not.

In the last few weeks, we had been building a small wooden house deep in the forest, hidden from those in the village nearby and only going for supplies whenever we needed them. We still didn't know how we were going to get money or what we would work on, I supposed we could always grab a few paid missions and do them with Deidara, but we'll see.

At least we could live calmly in the house. It wasn't something luxurious, to be sincere it was a bit basic, but it was comfortable- especially because I was with Deidara, who was more important than the house. Now, it even scared me a bit to lose sight of him in case someone came to steal him. I smiled at the stupid things I could come to think, and as I saw him there fixing a few taps on the dripping water, I knew perfectly well he was the best thing that had ever happened in my life.