Chapter 44: Wrong Missions

Naruto Uzumaki

Sasuke's in prison and they're sending me on a stupid mission! What was this about? On top of it, I wasn't going with the team; they were sending me alone and to me, this whole thing was a little off. There were a lot of things that didn't make sense and although I didn't want to be mad at Sakura, I didn't understand why she had told on Sasuke. I understood that maybe she was scared, but I even assured her that I could control him.

Of course Sasuke was uncontrollable! I knew that, but with me, he calmed himself. He didn't have that character of authority with me like he did with everyone else. I mean, he even let me enter him; it was clear he surrendered himself before me. He was just a guy who looked for love and affection. He insulted me a lot and bashed me, but one look at me and his pants fall to the floor. He was an inoffensive guy until you provoked him and Sakura, although I didn't want to say it... had crossed the line, up to the point where Sasuke came to hate her and I didn't find it strange; I myself had told her to leave this issue alone and the first thing she did as she got out of my house was to do the opposite of what I told her.

I knew Sasuke didn't want to see me at the moment, that he was angry with me and I deserved it. I had used him in Suna, I had made him think that I liked him just so I could practice with him and then... I threw him away like a dirty rag. I even avoided him until he went asking for a replacement. And what did I do? I got pissed off with him for asking for a change, but what did I expect? That after how I treated him he'd come running to my arms? No, he was too mad at me and even his feelings had a limit, let's not even talk about his patience because ever since leaving the village, his patience was worse every time.

Although I knew he wasn't happy with me or my attitude, there was one thing that worried me a lot. I couldn't get his 'lie to me' thing out of my head. Did he really wish to hear me say it that bad? I don't know what the hell I was doing thinking of him; I said I liked Sakura but I got excited with Sasuke. I kissed him whenever I had the opportunity and I think... that I liked Sasuke and I had not realized until he had asked me to lie to him. And it's just that when I said that I loved him, I felt something in my heart. I felt that what I was saying was real, that I wasn't faking it, I wanted to tell him for real.

I was on my way to the mission and with every step I took, I felt pained. I felt as if distancing myself from Sasuke at this moment had to be the biggest error I have ever committed, but I had to go to that mission, they had ordered me. I tried convincing myself that I would see Sasuke when I got back to the village, but I couldn't stop thinking about what Sakura said about him being violated in prison. And if they had done it again? The sun was rising and then I remembered that I had left the reports in my house. I had to take those reports with me! So there was no other choice but to head back to the village.

Luckily, I had not gotten far and instantly, I was back home. Strangely, there were no people on the streets, something I couldn't explain because there was a always a good quantity of people walking through here, even more near my house because I lived in the center. The stores were even closed and I didn't understand what was going on; today was supposed to be a workday.

I headed directly to my house to pick up the documents and searched everywhere. Where had I put them? I was absorbed in looking everywhere for them when something over the table in my kitchen caught my attention. It was a piece of paper with my name on it. When and who had left this here? I hadn't seen it before and I had even passed by here at least twenty times this morning.

I got closer to read the paper. Clearly it had my name on it but that's not what got my attention; what got my attention was that this was the teme's handwriting. What could that teme have to say in a letter that he could not tell me in person? I had even been with him in the dungeon and now that I thought about it... there was something weird. Something was happening and I did not like where things were headed.