Chapter 41: Danger

Sasuke Uchiha

I slept for a bit, but I think that this was beginning to become a habit for me, ever since I came to Konoha... well, since they forcefully obligated me to return to Konoha! I had only slept well when I was at Naruto's house and it was silly; I had felt safe being with him, I believed that if something happened, he would be there to protect me. How wrong I was! Now I knew he only did all of this for Sakura. It wasn't me whom he cared about.

Either way... it didn't matter to me anymore to know anything about the blond because I knew perfectly well that nobody wanted me here. I was only a traitor, the Class S assassin, nobody trusted me, nobody looked at me as someone from the village, I was only a foreigner that was best to eliminate.

"Why didn't you want that kid to watch over you?" I heard Dajimu ask me.

"I don't get along well with those from the Uzumaki clan." I lied.

"You do know he's the last of Uzumaki descent, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, that's what they say. Looks like he's not that different from me after all, there are few Uchiha and only one Uzumaki. Half Namikaze, half Uzumaki." I told him. "The damn dobe that everyone thought was an orphan turned out to come from two of the most important clans in the village, isn't it ironic?" I asked, smiling. "And he's still a dobe."

"The Uzumakis were experts in seals, he would have been a better guard than I." He commented.

"Well, I don't want him with me." I told him. "Let him stay with his last names and his rediscovered clans, I'll pass. I don't need him."

I got up and got out to walk around the destroyed garden of my house, or more put, my family's house because I didn't even feel like it was mine anymore. I missed my brother, he always had everything under control, I would have liked for him to explain to me what the hell I should do now because I didn't know what to do. Did I have to fight to help the village that had abandoned him? Because at this moment, the only thing I wished... was to kill Danzo, one of the few that had used and ruined my brother's life.

Dajimu followed me as I walked out to the village and as always, the people looked at me badly and insulted me. I went towards the lake in the center and sat down for a second to look at my reflection in the water. I remembered my training when I was small here, when I wanted to perfect my fire techniques and then... I saw something on my neck. I had a mark, I think it was a seal. When had they done this? Weren't the seals a specialty of the Uzumaki? Was it Naruto? I doubted it, he was an imbecile to even think of something this complex, this couldn't have been Naruto.

I looked at the seal better and it looked to me to have been something recent. I began to think that it had been Dajimu while I slept, it was too complex for someone like Naruto, but not for someone belonging to ANBU and in all honestly, I couldn't trust anyone that worked for Danzo, not after what they had done to my brother. They were capable of anything as long as they protected the village and to them, I was the traitor, the enemy of the village, they wanted me out and nobody seemed to notice it, not even Naruto realized that he was in constant danger.

Behind my back appeared Danzo's figure and I saw him from the reflection in the water. I didn't want to turn around when he began talking and certainly... this seal was something of his, it was confirmed. What the hell had they put on me? That was my grand question, what the hell was this seal useful for.

"You intend to block me?" I asked him. "Weaken me?"

"No, Sasuke, it wouldn't be of any use to me to weaken you. It's a seal to control."

"To control?"

"I'll know where you are, what you're doing, I could even order you to do something. It could be that you won't remember what you did after you're out of the trance." He finished, smiling.