Chapter 24: Showers

Sasuke Uchiha

When I arrived at my room, Deidara was asleep. I left the tray with food on one of the small tables and woke him up so he could eat something. He now appeared to be more calm, now seeming to be less scared from the look on his face and he immediately got up to grab the food. He ate fast and it was because he was probably very hungry.

I smiled as I watched him eat almost with anxiety and I found it odd when he thanked me for the food. I supposed the deal we had made had calmed things down a bit and truthfully, he had little to no reason to fear me. I had already told him that I wasn't going to touch him so long as he didn't try to kill me.

"Why are you doing this for me?" He asked me.

"Why not?" I asked back. "I have nothing against you. I only look for my brother."

"You two really are weird. I don't understand that fixation you have to kill each other." He told me. "But oh well, it matters nothing to me. It's something between you two, less Uchiha in the world."

"You really do hate us, no?"

"You're despicable. You have too much pride, you think yourself superior to others; causing terror wherever you go and everyone always has to do whatever you say."

"You say that, but I let you chose to deal with me." I told him with a smile.

"Yeah, but you let me chose because you had power. You could have done it; you're more powerful than I am and you knew you could have me chose from two options. You didn't give me the option to let me leave without something happening."

"It's more fun when something happens." I commented. "I had to benefit from something." I smiled.

Deidara finished eating everything I brought him and he looked around the room, trying to decipher where he was going to sleep. I couldn't help but smile because in my room, there was only one bed and to be honest, knowing Deidara and his anger issues, I wasn't sure if I was really safe with him. He was capable of trying to assassinate me while I slept, although, it wasn't like I slept much so I would know of his movements and could react almost immediately. Even so, I wanted to sleep calmly without having to worry about him.

"Where am I going to sleep?"

"Depends." I told him. "If you behave, I can let you sleep on the bed."

"With you?" He asked me worriedly.

"I did promise not to touch you." I smiled as I said to him. "I always carry out my promises. I wont touch you if you don't want me to, and... if you're in my room, it'd be easy for you to do your job in the morning like you promised."

"I know." He said assuredly. "Then I'll go to sleep, but don't you dare touch me until tomorrow."

Deidara was like a small child, a bit more as he went as far as to divide the bed with a line down the middle so I wouldn't even brush against him. I couldn't help to grin because he had no idea and in a way, I began having a slight understanding of why my brother had come to set his eyes upon him. He was attractive, fun, and he got angry easily. What's more, he hated us and that- at least to me- attracted me even more because I was tired of having to avoid people, of escaping from everyone but with him it was different. He didn't follow me, he hated me and wanted nothing with me. That made me want something with him, I wanted to demonstrate how no one could escape from an Uchiha, that we were the best.

Deidara laid down on my bed and turned his back on me while I also laid down and did the same, laughing on the inside because it was a funny situation. It had been a long time since I had fun with someone.