Can I Use Your Bathroom?

Rain’s POV (EARLIER)

Just one more day until the concert. My friend, Dee, walked in.

“Hey, Dee.” I said.

“Hey, Rain. So…Black Veil Brides tomorrow…”

“Yeah,” I smiled to myself. I had a backstage pass because I do photography, and I work for a popular online website dedicated to metal/rock bands.

Meaning that I get to meet Asking Alexandria, Black Veil Brides, D.R.U.G.S., Avenged Sevenfold, and a local band who I didn’t know the name of.

I sat on my bed next to Dee.

“Dee, I know you want to go backstage with me, but you can’t. I told you that if you’d taken the job that we had offered you last week, you could be back there with me. But you said you didn’t want it.”

“But now I do!”

“The slot has been filled. I love you a lot, though, you know that.”

“I know. You’re like my sister.”

“And the same.”

“Really? Then why don’t I get to know what’s going to happen Tomorrow after the concert?”

I paused for a moment. This always comes up.

“Because. Nobody gets to know. But I promise it will be life changing.”

“Why are you keeping it from ME? We tell each other everything.”

“Because I don’t want you getting in trouble.”

“Is it bad?”

“No.”

“Can I know?”

“No.”

“Fuck you.”

“No thanks. I appreciate the offer, though.”

“Why’d you break it off with CJ?”

“Had to.”

“Why?”

“Because I had to.”

“Why?”

“I just did.”

“Why are all your posters and stuff missing?”

“Is this twenty fucking questions or what?!” I turned around.

What she didn’t know was that tomorrow, after the concert, I was leaving. I had a plane ticket out of here, off to Los Angeles, to pursue my dreams. I’d been planning this for three years.

My suitcases were packed and I had my guitar and equipment ready to go downstairs. I’d be loading it into my car tonight. The car which is being sold tomorrow, right after the concert.

“No, it’s not. I just want to know what’s going on. You’ve been distant, and I miss you.”

“I’m going to miss you. A lot.” I whispered to myself.

“What?”

“Nothing. You should go home and get some rest. We have a long day tomorrow.”

“Fine.” She sighed. “See you bright and motherfucking early in the morning.”

After she left, I pulled my suitcases out from my closet, which was now pretty bare, and took them downstairs next to my music equipment.

My dad wouldn’t be home for a couple of days, and I had written a letter to him, explaining why I was leaving. I went back upstairs and chatted with my friends on Facebook for a few minutes then put tomorrow’s outfit together. I had to look at least semi-nice. I mean, it’s not everyday you get to meet some of your favorite bands of all time.

I woke up even earlier than Dee and walked into my bathroom. I showered, did my hair, and walked into my bedroom.

“Hello!” A voice said. I jumped and looked up.

“Haha, hey Dee!” I grinned.

“Doing your hair and shit?” She asked.

“Yup.”

I grabbed my clothes and other necessary items and walked back into my bathroom. I put on my black skinny jeans and my Black Veil Brides t-shirt. I proceeded to attach my chains to my jeans, put on my six Black Veil Brides rubber bracelets, my A7x bracelet, my Asking Alexandria bracelet, my Misfits fingerless gloves, and painted my nails black. I walked back into my bedroom and sat on my bed with Dee while I waited for my nails to dry. She talked and I listened.

When they were dry, I went back into my bathroom, applied my eyeliner and dark eye shadow, and put on my Black Veil Brides lanyard that held my press pass and tickets. One for the concert, one for my plane to LA.

“You look fabulous!” Dee squealed. “My turn!”

I laughed at her antics and sat on my bed, texting my friend Devine. It’s pronounced Devin; though…just super fancy spelling…

I texted a few of my other friends as well. And then it hit me. I wouldn’t be seeing them again. Or talking to them. Or anything, for a long time.

This was going to be painful.

I heard my doorbell ring, so I ran down the stairs and opened the door. Probably Devine or Minni.

“Yo.” I said, not seeing the person at first because my cat had tried to run down the stairs after me and I was too busy laughing at the fact that it had fallen flat on its face. Instead of hearing Devine’s voice, I heard a deep voice that sounded sort of familiar. “Hey. I was wondering if I could use your restroom.”