The Sound Of Your Voice

Andy’s POV

Finally, I just decided to call Sammi Doll and see if she knew.

She picked up after the second ring. “Hey, Andy. Is everything okay?”

“No…why hasn’t Rain been picking up her phone?” I asked quickly.

I waited for a moment, until I heard Sammi let out a breath.

“Oh…Andy I didn’t know she hadn’t told you. She just turned her phone off last week because she was stressed. I don’t think she meant to shut you out. If you want, she’s here with me and Dante; we’re all chillin' because Dante has to go to New York with Picture Me Broken for a couple weeks tomorrow.”

“Oh. Yeah, can I please talk to her? But…only if she wants to.” I said nervously.

I heard mumbling in the background.

“Andy?” Her voice wasn’t crystal clear like usual. It was stuffy sounding, like she’d been crying.

“Are you okay?”

“I am. Raven might not be. He’s been in the hospital in a medically induced coma for two weeks.” She said sadly.

What? Why?

“What happened?”

“He has HIV, but they have a cure thingy and it put him into a coma, and he hasn’t woken up. They don’t know when he will, to be honest. But they say his HIV is slowly disappearing. They’ve given an estimate to when it will be gone, and they think he’ll wake up shortly after, but damn, Andy. I just got him back and I lose him again.” I could hear her voice crack on the last sentence.

“No, it will be okay, Rain. I’m coming home, okay? We’ll cut the tour short, and come home. You need me, and I miss you so much, and I want Raven to be okay.”

“No Andy. He wouldn’t want you to cut the tour short and I don’t want you to. I don’t want you to let your fans down just for me and my little brother.”

“What do you mean, ‘just for you and your little brother’? I don’t like the way you said that. You said it like you don’t mean much, but holy fuck, Rain, you mean everything. You’re little brother is a part of you; therefore I care about him too. He seems like a sweet kid, and I hate for all of this to be happening! You know what I want to know? I want to know why it all happens to you! You should be able just to be fucking happy! You deserve happy!” I said, frustrated.

“I’m sorry…”

“Fuck…Rain, don’t be sorry. You have nothing to be sorry for. This isn’t your fault. I’ll be home by the time he wakes up, and I’ll help make sure he gets EVERYTHING he needs, alright?”

“You don’t have to.”

“Stop telling me I don’t have to do stuff for you guys. I want to. I love you.”

“I love you too,” She said quietly. “I feel a bit better; thanks, Andy. I can’t wait to see you again…”

“Babe, everything’s gonna be alright. I’ll be home before you know it. And, Rain?”

"Yeah?"

"I missed the sound of your voice."

“I missed yours, too. Love you.”

“Love you too, baby.” I said. She hung up and I sat there, feeling pretty worthless.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I have to say this: I am really enjoying writing this story, and I've got a ton planned for this, as well as an outline for a sequel, if you want one? Thank you to those who have become fans, commented, etc. You all mean a lot to me, really :D