A Ray of Hope

I smiled and let go of her hand, walking out of the store.

On my way to the bathroom, I saw a really thin boy with snakebites who looked about thirteen or fourteen, possibly homeless, trying to buy a sandwich.

“But I only have 2.50!” The boy argued.

“You can’t have the sandwich then!” The shop owner yelled.

“Come. On!” The kid said, frustrated.

I paused, then decided to walk over.

“How much for the sandwich, some fries, a drink…what else you want, kid?” I asked glancing over at him from the menu on the wall.

“Uh…that’s okay, sir, you really don’t have to…” I looked at him, examining his face. Something seemed familiar about him. I just couldn’t place it, though.

“No, come on.” I said adamantly.

“Um…maybe another sandwich…” He said slowly, his eyes flicking over to a boy with light brown hair and a lip piercing who looked just a little older.

“Friend of yours?” I asked.

“…Yeah…”

“Cool. Alright, double that order.”

“You’re really buying food for the likes of them-” The owner began.

“What did I just say? If you don’t make it, we’ll go somewhere else.”

 The man turned around and came back a few minutes later with the order.

“Th-thank you, sir.” The boy said when I handed him the food.

“No problem, kid. Wanna sit down for a bit? You look kinda worn out.”

We walked over to the other boy.

“I guess…if it’s alright with Ja-” The older boy shot him a look. “Jamie.”

“Yeah, it’s cool with me, Ray.”

“Awesome.” We went over to one of the small booths and sat down.

I let them eat for a little bit. They looked super hungry, and seemed it too.

“So…Jamie, Ray. Where are mom and dad?”

“Oh…my brother and I are waiting for them to come pick us up.” The boy called ‘Jamie’ said.

Did they really think I believed that?

“Cool. Do you live around here?”

“Something like that.” ‘Ray’ muttered. ‘Jamie’ nudged him.

“Thanks for the food, mister. But we have to get going. Mom and dad will be waiting for us anytime now.”

“No problem,” I said, my eyes on them. ‘Ray’ looked so familiar! What was it? His hair was the shade of someone else’s, I just couldn’t figure out who. He also had familiar eyes and facial structure…who was it?

“Thanks,” Ray said, finally looking up at me completely. Jamie went to pull him away. “Wait!”

I raised my eyebrow. “You’re Andy Biersack!” He said quietly.

“Yeah, I am.”

“You sing for my favorite band!”

I smiled.

“You know R-” He began, but Jamie pulled him up.

“Thanks again, sir.” He said, walking them away.

I stood up and tried to follow them. “Ray! Wait, I know who?”

But they had disappeared into the crowd already.

“Fuck.” I muttered. I realized how long I’d been gone. Rain must have been worried…I ran back to Hot Topic and found her sitting on a bench, reading an anime book.

“Hey, babe, I’m so sorry I was gone for that long. I ran into these homeless boys and I bought them a meal, and the one looked so familiar…anyway, I’m sorry.” I rambled.

She looked up as I sat next to her. “It’s okay. This is a really good book.”

I laughed and hugged her, kissing the top of her head.

“Besides, I think it’s sweet of you to do something like that.” She commented after a few minutes.

“You ready to go?” I asked.

“Yep.”

We got up and went to the car. I tried to pry my mind away from earlier.

“Just tonight left before tomorrow…” She said nervously later that night as we were sitting in her room.

“Come on, baby. Be confident.” I said, playing with her hands.

“I’m trying…”

“Stop trying. Just do. Even if you don’t win, which I know you will, no matter what, just remember that you’re out there having fun and Standby will definitely notice you.”

 I leaned over and kissed her. “And I’ll be right out there, supporting you. Jinxx and Sammi said they will be, too.”

“Oh, shit, speaking of which, we have to get our asses in gear and over there!” She said, her eyes widening.

I stood up with her and we went out into the living room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same as the last few chapters...guess, tell me what you thought, etc. I love seeing comments from you all. It makes me smile(: <3