New Apartment

I opened the door and Dante grinned brightly. “Hey!”

“Hey, Dante,” Andy smiled.

I reached over and messed up his hair. “Let’s go.”

“Is Andy coming along?”

“Indeed.”

“Awesome. So…I’m in the Kids of Yesterday MCR official music video! I didn’t even know it! A PMB fan alerted me. I was like, MCR fan boy moment…”

“Dude, no way?” I asked as we got in his car.

“No lie! I look like I’m fawning over Gee, though.”

“You probably were. I know I would have been.”

He faked offense. “But I’m a boy!”

“Point being?”

He sniffed.

I smiled.

Andy’s POV

I vaguely wondered why Dante and Rain were looking for an apartment together.

Maybe I’d ask?

Alright.

“Hey, so…why are you two moving in together?”

Wow, that kinda made me sound like a jerk.

“I think Jinxx and Sammi need their own personal space, and Rain wants out of that hotel.”

“Oh. Okay.”

We pulled up at this white apartment building. We all got out of the car.

A woman met us at the doors to the building and showed us into the apartment they wanted to check out.

It seemed like a nice place. The door led into a small hallway that led into the living room.

The living room was spacey and had a comfortable feel to it.

There wasn’t any furniture, but the carpet was black and soft, the walls were white, but the landlord said that if they were people who were going to stay for a long period of time, they could be painted. There were three bedrooms, which were large and could easily suit the needs of both Dante and Rain, plus the third would house their guitars and musical equipment.

Then they asked about rent.

575 a month. Not bad for an LA apartment.

“What do you think, D?”

“I think…well…if PMB’s album does well…and if you get that deal…we should take it.”

“Alright. When can we sign?” She asked the lady.

“Whenever you like.”

“I only paid for the hotel room for until tomorrow, Dante. Do you think we can sign today?” Rain asked Dante.

“Totally. I think Jinxx and Sammi would like their apartment to themselves as soon as possible.”

She hugged Dante.

“Looks like we have a new apartment.”

“Yeah, I never expected it to be the first one we checked out, though.” He said.

“Luck, I guess?”

I smiled, watching how happy she was.

The woman pulled papers out of her briefcase and I stood in the background as they signed them and discussed rules and terms of living there with the manager.

Once they were done, had the keys to the apartment, and had said their goodbyes, we walked back out to Dante’s care.

I figured, maybe if I just hang in the background of everything, and inch closer to Rain again, she’d finally give in and agree to date me.

While we were in the car, Rain talked animatedly to me about how excited and happy she was, as Dante sang along to MCR.

He really didn’t have a bad voice.

He dropped us off at the hotel where Rain had been staying and told Rain to text him when she was ready.

I walked with her back up to her room, and she invited me in.

“Do you want me to help you pack?”

“No, that’s fine. But I would like your company while I do pack.”

I smiled to myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:)