Prophecy

He poured himself a small glass of whisky and took a sip of it then turned to me and sat down.

He put his arm around my shoulders. "You're pretty cool, you know that?"

"Thanks. You guys are the bomb to hang out with."

"Aha, thanks." He took another sip of the whisky...It was something I'd always wanted to try...

I hesitated... "Can-can I have a drink of that?"

"Yeah, just take a sip at first," He said, handing me his glass.

I took it and lifted it to my lips.

And then choked a little. It was very strong and didn't taste the best, but I kind of liked it.

Ashley chuckled and took his glass back, downing the other half in a single gulp. I looked at him like he was fucking insane.

He turned his body towards me and put his black cowboy hat on my head.

"I like hanging out with you." He said.

"Likewise, Mr. Outlaw," I smiled and hugged him.

Andy walked out and cleared his throat awkwardly.

I broke the hug and leaned back.

Jake, Jinxx and CC filed out and we walked outside and into the venue. We were led backstage into this really nice room with a few couches, tables, and chairs. I sat down on a couch near a table and set down my cameras.

"Who are you playing with tonight?" I asked.

Jon, their manager, who I had talked to once before and he had been really nice to me, answered my question. "Asking Alexandria, A7X, three local bands, and Matt Good will be hanging out back here; D.R.U.G.S. is playing a show here tomorrow night and he heard Andy was in town and said he couldn't pass up the opportunity."

"Thanks," I told him. He nodded and went back to staring at a wall.

"Matt's gonna be here?" Andy asked.

Jon nodded again.

The guys went into a before-show routine.

The members of A7X filed in about twenty some minutes later, then Asking Alexandria, then the local bands, which consisted of a bunch of teens and a few adults in the last band.

Danny Worsnop joked around with me for a while, and I took pictures at the request of the bands, who asked for my number. I gladly gave them it and walked back over to where Andy was.

"Wanna go outside with me for a few?" He asked.

"Sure." I said, and followed him out the back door, which he told security to open up in ten minutes or so, so we could get back in.

He leaned against the brick wall and lit a cigarette.

"Do you ever get nervous?" I asked.

"All the time."

"Huh. What's it like being famous?"

"You'll find out."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll see."

"Andy, if you pull any deviant tricks-"

"Deviant isn't really my thing...Ashley's the Deviant. I'm the Prophet. It's how I know you're going to know how it feels to be famous."

"You joke around quite a bit, Andy." I laughed nervously.

He took a drag from his smoke. "We'll see if I'm joking."

"I'm just looking forward to Batman tonight."

He smiled secretively and nodded. "Yup, me too."

He put out his cigarette and the door to the venue opened.

As soon as we walked inside, Andy was attacked with a bear hug from none other than Matt Good, wearing a black t-shirt and black jeans with chains.

"Matt, this is Rain, Rain this is Matt. I'm not sure if you two've met before." Andy said.

"Yeah, Craig and I talked with her for a while last night.”

"Dude, it's only been one night?" Andy asked. "It feels like it's been so much longer."

"...Is it going that bad? She seemed pretty nice, to me..." Matt said.

"No, I mean we've done a lot in the past 24 hours, then."

"...You've dumped Juliet? Thank God! I was waiting to see when you would-"

"No, I didn't break up with Jay. I love her," For some reason, that hurt. I don't know why. "Like, Rain and the guys and I went to the mall today and Rain and I went to Hot Topic together and talked about Batman for like, half an hour, and then she hung out with Jake, Ash, and Jinxx in a music store and rocked out. And last night we played Have You Ever and talked and stuff and it felt like we've known each other for much longer. It just doesn't seem possible that she's only been here for a day."

I know how he felt.

"So...you're still dating Juliet?"

"Yes I am still dating Juliet!" Andy said exasperatedly.

"Damn!" I heard Matt whisper.

I wandered off and chatted with multiple people until I heard "Alright, this is our last song. Who's ready for BLACK VEIL BRIDES?!?!?!" And then a TON of cheering and screaming.

As the song began to reach its end, the guys got up. I walked over.

We stood there awkwardly for a moment and then I hugged CC.

"You'll be the best drummer they ever heard, CC!" I whispered.

When I let him go, I could see his blush through his makeup. I then hugged Jake.

"Shred that guitar and show 'em who's boss, Jake!"

Then Jinxx.

"You're a kick ass guitar player! One of my heroes; you'll do fucking awesome!"

Ashley.

"You are a bass God. Go out there and flash your Purdy body, Outlaw." He grinned.

"I'll show you my Purdy body later, if you'd like..." I rolled my eyes and moved lastly to Andy.

"I know you'll go out there and be their Batman. You already are, but you can prove them right. You're the best screamer and singer I've ever heard."

I pulled back.

"I won't wish you luck, because you don't need it. You guys are the best! Go show them that!" They all grinned and ran out on stage when they heard "Here are the Black Veil Brides!" and started out with New Religion again.

40 minutes later, after a ton of stage antics, sweaty but smiling, the guys came back into the back room. I had watched from the side of the stage, so we walked back to the room together.

The guys from A7X, AA, and the smaller bands all hi-fived them as we came in.

After AA had gone out on stage and everyone had calmed down, the guys turned to me with huge smiles on their faces.

"I told you you were the best." And then there were five men in leather and makeup hugging me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much love to my readers. R&R.. ----->