Talking

There was a knock on my door. “One second!” I’d been sitting at the desk in my hotel room looking at local open music contests on the laptop Jake had given me for my birthday when he got back from England. I stood up and opened the door.

It was Andy.

“Hey,” He said awkwardly.

“Hi.”

“Can I come in?”

“Yeah, sure.” I stepped aside and let him walk in.

“Why do you keep saying no?” He asked after we’d sat down.

“To?”

“Don’t. Don’t act like you have no idea what I’m referring to.”

“I’ve told you a thousand times. I feel like I ruined you and Juliet, and I’m too young for you.”

“There’s something else. Why don’t you talk to me anymore? I try calling you and you press ignore; I try texting you and you never answer.”

He looked so hurt, and it killed me to know I was causing this.

“I’m sorry. I’ve been really busy lately. I have to meet up with Dante in about an hour to go look for an apartment, and my job search is epic failing. I only have so much money left. Living in a hotel gets expensive.”

“You can come live with me.”

“Andy, no.”

“I would pay for everything you need or want. I’d get you the record deal you deserve.”

“You and I both know I can’t do that. You and the boys did so much for me on that tour; I can’t, Andy.”

“No, please, Rain, please. You deserve a record deal more than anybody. You put so much into your songs and your music. You could get so far…”

“Yes, well, I want to do it the hard way. I want to work for my dreams, or it won’t feel the same.”

“Fine. You know we’re leaving for another tour next week, right?”

“Yes.”

“According to popular demand, like on our Facebook page, official Twitter accounts, and website, you’re wanted back on tour with us.”

“I don’t know.”

“Come on, Rain. Please?” He made a face that was almost impossible to say no to.

Almost.

“I…might. I’ll have to think about it. I’m entered in a contest right now, though. If I win, I get a record deal. If I lose, I at least gain a little recognition.”

“I know you’ll win.”

“Not likely. LA is full of talented motherfuckers. It’s worth a shot, though.”

“Come on, be confident.” He said. “You’re going to win.”

“Fine, I’m going to win.”

“There we go!” He smiled.

I looked at my watch. “I have to get going, Andy.”

“Can I come with?”

I paused. “Why?”

“I don’t have anything else to do.” He said simply.

“Oh? I guess you can then.” I agreed.

My phone went off. I picked it up.

“Hello?”

“Open your damn door.” Dante whined.

I smiled and hung up.

“Let’s go,” I said, motioning for Andy to stand up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I might upload another chapter tonight(: