This Christmas

My week passed super quickly and before I knew it, it was Christmas. I had gone Christmas shopping last night, and had gotten and wrapped all the gifts.

Around five, I went to my bedroom closet and pulled out a plain black cotton tee and a pair of black skinny jeans. I put them on and went into the bathroom to straighten my hair.

My hand was free of Juliet’s nickname; my chest was free of her lyrics and the dragonfly tattoo I had gotten.

It felt pretty good to have her out of my life. I’d gotten rid of the nose ring as well, and I had bought a new straightener.

But there was something I was missing: Rain.

I was a little nervous to see her tonight.

When I was done with my hair and had applied a little eyeliner, I headed over to Jinxx and Sammi’s.

I knocked on the door and it was opened by Sammi, who gave me a hug and took the presents out of my hands to put them under their tree. “No Juliet?” She questioned.

“We broke it off about a week ago.” I told her.

“I’m sorry,” She said.

“I’m not,” I smiled at her.

“Hey, man!” Jinxx said as I walked into the apartment.

“What’s up, Jinxx?”

“Not much, man. How do you feel now that you can almost legally drink?”

“Not much of a change.” I laughed.

“So, I heard you say you and Juliet are over.”

“Yes, no more of her shit to put up with.”

“Good for you, dude,” There was a knock on the door. “Hey, that’ll be Ash and Rain. Will you get it?”

“No! I’ve got it!” Dante yelled, coming out of nowhere.

Rain and Ash stumbled through the doorway, carrying presents. Sammi had stacked all the presents I had brought by the tree.

“Hi, I’m Dante,” Dante said as he helped Rain with the presents.

“I’m Rain. I’ve heard a lot about you, Dante.” She smiled at him. I felt a little jealous that he was the one she was smiling at.

“Same here. I heard you like My Chemical Romance?”

“Indeed; they are one of my obsessions.”

“No way!” He grinned. “Want to see my MCR collection?”

“Totally,” She agreed.

I looked around for Nicci.

“Sammi?” I asked.

“Yeah?”

“Where’s Nicci?”

“Oh…they broke up last month. They decided it was best just to be friends.”

Dante was single.

Rain was single.

I must have been frowning or something, because Ash sat down across from me and asked what was up.

“Just…thinking…” I said.

“Ask her out.” He said, flat out.

“I can’t do that.”

“Yes, you can. She’s single; you’re single. You both dig each other. Go for it.”

“Maybe…” I said slowly.

Rain and Dante came out of his room a few minutes later, deep in conversation about MCR.

She sat down next to me when Dante went off to get Beetlegeuse. Rain liked snakes.

“Hey, Andy. How does it feel to be almost 21?”

“Not very different.” I smiled.

“Cool. And I heard about you and Juliet. Andy, you shouldn’t have done that.”

“I had to. I didn’t love her anymore…I kind of…fell out of love with her. Because I fell in love with someone else…” I hinted.

“Andy…” She began, but Dante came running out with Beetle.

Rain turned her attention to the snake. “Hey, buddy.”

I looked at Ash, and then at Dante, who looked delighted that he had a new friend.

We all drank some and laughed and told stories, and then ate dinner. Sammi and Rain brought out this fairly large cake that said ‘Happy 21st, Andy!’

It was a wonderful cake. They sang happy birthday, and I couldn’t take my eyes off of Rain. She cut the cake, and gave me the first piece, which had a ton of frosting on it. She sat next to me, and I put my fingers in the frosting and put it on her face.

“Andy!” She said, laughing. She put frosting on my cheek.

I saw Jinxx smile mischievously and splatter frosting on CC. CC’s eyes widened and he threw a forkful of cake at Sammi, who proceeded to throw frosting at Trisha. Ashley laughed and dodged frosting from Dante.

It turned into a full on frosting war between everybody. Rain and Dante against me and Ashley, and Jinxx and Sammi against CC and Trisha.

“We will prevail!” Ashley and I yelled.

“Hell no! We will win! MCR FTW!” Rain and Dante yelled back.

“Smashing Pumpkins!” I heard CC scream randomly.

“We’re gonna win this whole thing, bitches!” Sammi and Jinxx said to all of us.

“No way!” Trisha argued.

I found Rain behind the couch, ready with frosting. She went to throw it at me, but I caught her hand first and pulled her onto my lap, kissing her as soon as she was close enough.

But she pulled away relatively quick. “No, Andy, I’ve told you we can’t do this.”

And she stood up, leaving me sitting behind the couch, feeling slightly rejected.

I saw her hug Sammi and everybody goodbye, exchange numbers with Dante, and leave.

I stayed at the party, despite how badly I wanted to chase after her, and went home around three in the morning. I cleaned up and then lay in bed, staring at her number in my phone, wondering if I should call her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So...Andy and Rain are both in the same predicament...Review, dolls. It's always awesome to hear from you(: