The Raven

Third Person POV

A boy stood in a dimly lit payphone box on the side streets of LA, his shoulder-length pitch black hair matted down from the rain. A thin layer of dirt covered his hands and face. He had snakebites. He wore a black jacket that had a few holes in it, and his black skinny jeans had holes in the knees and were frayed at the bottom.

He had beat up black and white converse.

He looked to be about 5’8.

The boy flicked his hair out of his eyes, holding the phone close to his ear.

“Come on, Rain, pick up.” He muttered.

“Hey, you’ve reached Rain Moore. I can’t make answer right now for some reason, but leave your name and number and I’ll try to-”

The boy slammed the phone onto the receiver, his hands balling up into fists.

He punched the glass window of the payphone box. “Fuck!”

He opened the door and walked out, seeing a taller boy standing across the street, watching him intently. Recognizing the man, the younger boy spun around on his heel and ran.

The man was running after him, yelling for him to stop, but the boy kept running.

How did he find me? He thought as he ran towards an old warehouse he had come to know well.

The man who was chasing him didn’t see him turn into the warehouse and ran past.

“Hey, James.” He said to slightly older boy who had been hiding in the shadows. The boy called James stood up straighter.

He had light brown hair that was really dirty, making it appear darker than it really was, and he too a lip ring. “Hey, Raven. Who was that guy?”

“He’s…he knows me. But I don’t want him to catch me. He’ll take me back to her.”

Andy’s POV

Who would be calling her from a payphone?

We shrugged it off and continued eating. Dante came home.

“Hey, you two!” He said when he walked in.

“Heya Dante!” Rain smiled happily.

“You guys are all over Twitter.” He informed us.

“Really? Why?” I asked, smiling at Rain.

“The hearts you two Tweeted. You Tweeted them at the same time or something and everyone’s debating whether or not you’re dating.”

“Oh.” Rain said.

“Well?”

“Well what, Dante?” She asked.

“Well, are you?”

“Are we what?” I chipped in.

“Dating! Are you two dating?!”

“Oh! Yeah, we are.” She said, throwing the trash away.

“I knew it was coming!” He exclaimed. “Just no fucking.”

“We won’t fuck if you stop fucking random girls you bring home.” Rain told him.

“That only happens sometimes!”

“Well, then, me and Andy fucking will happen sometimes!”

“Yay!” I laughed.

“I wasn’t saying you’d get any tonight, babe,” She smirked, giving me a quick kiss and walking off to her room.

I jumped up and trailed after her. “Night, Dante.”

He rolled his eyes and went into the kitchen to find something to eat.

Rain had already changed into her pajama bottoms and a black tank top.

“What are you sleeping in tonight?” She asked.

“My shorts are in the living room, so…” I lifted me shirt over my head and stripped down to my Batman boxers. “These!”

“Oh, jeez, Andy. Alright.”

I laid down next to her and wrapped my arm around her waist. She flipped around to face me.

“This…has got to be one of the best days ever.” She smiled.

I smiled back and gave her a short kiss. “You have no idea how great this feels.”

“Liar. I’ve wanted this as much as you for as long, maybe longer, as you.”

We fell asleep talking to each other. I woke up with her cuddled up to me and my arms around her. I could definitely get used to this.

I despised the fact I had to go home after tomorrow. Maybe I’d take her with me for a couple of days…

I pressed my lips to hers. She responded fairly quickly, but broke it to ask, “Why’d you wake me up?”

“We have to practice today! Plus, I want to take you shopping for an outfit for tomorrow!” I said.

“Alright. Could I have had a few more minutes?”

“Nope! I love you too much to let you sleep through it all.”

She rolled her eyes at me and stood up. “Shopping or practice first?”

“I’d say practice. That way your voice is rested and prepared for tomorrow.”

We went into the music room after getting dressed and practiced until two in the afternoon, Dante occasionally dropping in.

“Jinxx and Sammi want us to come over to their place tonight.” Dante told her at one point.

“Alright. Did they say anything else?”

“They said to bring Andy.”

“How’d they know he was here?”

“They’re not stupid. Most of the time.” Dante joked.

“Imma tell ‘em you said that, D.”

Dante sniffed and left the room.

“I think you’ve perfected the song. Wanna go shopping now?” I asked.

“Yes!” She said, jumping up and turning off the equipment.

“Where to?” I asked as we reached one of LA’s malls.

“Hot Topic or Spencer’s?”

“Let’s go, then,” We got out of my car and walked up into the mall.

“Hey, Andy?” She asked, looking a little distracted.

“Yeah?”

“What happens if some of your fans recognize you?”

I perked up a little, looking at what she was staring at. A bunch of girls in Black Veil Brides shirts.

“Um…it happens, I guess…Maybe, if we walk quickly, we won’t get seen.” I said, grabbing her hand and hurrying to Hot Topic.

“Hey, I’m gonna go to the bathroom.” I told her after a while.

“Alright. I’ll be here.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this little guessing game...any guesses as to who Raven is??