Knives and Pens

Rain's POV

Everybody else in DTY seemed to be thinking the same thing.

The other band came backstage, smirking. “Good luck, emos.”

“Thanks, but we don’t need it. You might when we’re done though, if you want to win this.” Rose said.

“Ooh, we’re so scared of a bunch of freaks.”

“You should be.” Damon said.

“Yeah man, we could kick your ass anytime.” Zac jumped in.

“And up now we have the next group…” The announcer said.

“Watch us; that’ll show you real music…not something Justine Beaver would sing.” I said, pulling DTY out onto the stage with me.

“Hey, we’re Death to You.” I said as the chords to Knives and Pens struck up. “And this song is Knives and Pens, by Black Veil Brides.”

My eyes scanned the crowd.

There were so many people…

I looked over to the side of the stage, seeing Andy, Jinxx, Sammi, Ash, CC, and Dante standing there.

Andy’s blue eyes met mine and I smiled, any fear or worry leaving automatically.

“Alone at last, we can sit and fight.” I started off. I could see a few people in the crowd singing along. “I’ve lost all faith in this blurring light.

Stay right here we can change our plight.

Storming through this despite what's right.

One final fight, for this tonight.

Whoa...”

I moved forward, towards the crowd, looking out and moving around the stage.

“With knives and pens we made our plight.

Lay your heart down the ends in sight.

Conscience begs for you to do what's right.

Everyday it's still the same dull knife,

Stab and growl and justify your pride.”

Pretty much everybody seemed to be enjoying it. That was good.

I spotted some of the business people taking an interest, which was awesome.

“One final fight, for this tonight.

Whoa...

With knives and pens we made our plight.

Whoa...

Well I can't go on without your love, you lost, you never held on.

We tried our best, turn out the light,

Turn out the light.”

I looked over and saw Andy and Ash singing along. That made me smile even more.

“One final fight, for this tonight.

Whoa...

With knives and pens we made our plight.

Whoa...

Well I can't go on without your love, you lost, you never held on.

We tried our best, turn out the light,

Turn out the light.”

As we finished the song, I looked at my band mates. Everyone seemed really happy as the crowd applauded and screamed.

It was such an amazing feeling.

Despite the fact that we’d only known each other for a short amount of time, we all hugged and looked out at the crowd.

“We had an awesome time doing this; it’s amazing to see you all so excited and happy. I take it that we did good…or you saw Andy. Either way, thank you!” I said into the mic.

Zac moved the mic so that he could talk. “Yeah, thank you so much! This was a wonderful experience, and we hope to do it again!”

He gave the mic to Rose, who could only manage, “Fuck yes!”

Damon laughed. “Thank you!”

“We hope to see you at a show of ours sometime!” Matt said.

And we left the stage.

Andy was the first to hug me. “You killed it! I loved it so much, Rain! It was perfect.”

Dante gripped me in another bear hug. “I’m so fucking proud of you!”

Sammi’s hug was less…spine destroying.

“We’re all really proud of you.”

“Yeah, and Jake wants you to Skype him tonight, to tell him how it went.” Jinxx said.

“I’ll be sure to do that. How’s he doing any-” I began, but was interrupted by yelling.

“You have to let me through!”

“We don’t have to let you do anything, and no, you don’t have an ID, you don’t have proof you know them, so no, we’re not going to let you through.” The security guard told someone.

I turned around and looked at the sources of the commotion. Everyone was really silent, except for the security guard and…no…

A young boy with greasy, dirty black hair, a lip piercing, and dirt covered skin and in a black jacket with converse and black skinny jeans stood there, arguing with the security guard.

“Rain Moore is my sister!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So...how many of you saw this coming?