A Positive Negative

A Month Later

Rain’s POV

“Fuck, Dante,” I said, quickly standing up from where I was on the couch, curled up against him as we watched Nightmare Before Christmas.

“Again?” He asked, concerned.

I nodded and rushed to the bathroom, spilling the contents of my stomach into the toilet.

He was hot on my heels and held back my hair, moving his hands in soothing circles on my back.

“Have you thought about, maybe, oh I don’t know, going to a doctor?” I could hear the faint sarcasm in his voice, as he attempted to lighten the mood.

It worked a little, but not much.

I shook my head.

I was sure I knew what it was.

We sat there for a few more minutes, me dry heaving a little, and Dante talking calmly, telling me about anything and everything while continuing with the circles.

After the dry heaves passed, Dante helped me up and I brushed my teeth, trying desperately to get rid of the taste.

“Do you know when Raven will be home from Asher’s?” I asked, walking back out into the living room and pulling Dante down so I could be comfortable again.

“He said sometime around 11, or maybe tomorrow. He’s sixteen now; it’s hard to believe…” Dante said, trailing off in thought.

“I know, right? God, that kid needs to stop fucking growing up. I feel old.”

“You’re not old. You’re young. You’re only twenty, jeez.”

“Shut up, I never even thought I’d make it to twenty.” I told him.

“But you did. Has Andy called lately?”

“Yeah, he called last night. The UK tour’s going well, he says. He also says that the boys say hi to both of us.”

Dante smiled at that and we sat there in silence, watching the ending of the movie.

“Would you do something for me?” I asked him as the ending credits came to a stop.

“Yeah, anything. What’s up?”

______________________________________________________________________________ 

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck.

I threw the plastic in my hands away and walked out to Dante, who stood pacing, with a concerned look on his face.

“I-I’m…” I didn’t want to say it. Saying it makes it true.

Dante pulled me over to the couch and sat down with me.

I took a deep breath and turned so that Dante and I were facing each other, sitting cross-legged on the couch.

“Fuck, Dante. I’m pregnant. The test was motherfucking positive.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A show of hands (or comments), who saw this coming? Who knows what's coming next?