The Hardest Part Is Letting Go

He let out a small sigh. “What are we gonna do?”

We?” I asked, confused.

“Yes, we. You’re my best friend, Rain. I’m not gonna leave you by yourself in this. So, what are we going to do?”

“I can’t tell Andy…it’ll ruin his career. I’m not completely sure that it’s good for mine, but I’ll make it work. I mean, I balanced Raven and DTY for three years and he’s alright now. But…fuck. Fuck. Andy won’t want it…I’m not giving it up for adoption, I’m sure as hell not getting an abortion.”

“Well, I see where you’re coming from.”

“I think I have to…”

“Yes?” He nodded, trying to get me to finish my sentence.

I didn’t want to finish it.

But just like going through with this baby, I had to.

“I may have to break up with Andy.” My breathing was shaky and I wanted to break down and cry.

His eyes dropped to his hands. “Maybe you should ask him…what he wants.”

“What do you mean?”

“Like…ask him what he would think if you said you were pregnant or something.”

I nodded slowly. “Yeah…yeah I’m going to do that. That might be-” My phone rang, interrupting what I was saying. “Oh. It’s Andy now. I don’t know, D. Maybe the test was inaccurate. I’m not ready to face him about it. You answer it.” I tossed my phone at him, and he, being the amazing friend he is, opened it.

“Heya Andy…Yeah, she’s here..She hasn’t been feeling the best lately.” He said talking to Andy. “Oh, here she is now.” He handed me the phone.

I took it from his hands and put it up against my ear. “H-hey babe.”

“Hey,” I could hear the smile in his voice. “I miss you so much, Rain.”

“I miss you too, Andy…Um, hey, I have a question, I was just thinking about earlier.”

“Yeah?”

“What…what would you do if I said I was pregnant? Or, like, do you want kids?” I forced the words out.

The line was silent for a moment. “Are you pregnant?”

Shit.

Truth or lie?

“Please answer the question.” Neither.

“Uh, well, kids sound nice, one day. Not right now, though, because Black Veil Brides, and it would kind of be a hassle. But I’d like kids with you someday, yeah. Why? What’s going on?”

I couldn’t take it. I knew this would be what he’d say.

“Nothing…I was just wondering because, like, say, hypothetically, that I was pregnant, would you want the kid?”

“Okay, hypothetically, no, not really. My career would be at risk, and I don’t think I could handle losing Black Veil Brides for a kid.”

“Well, goddamnit, Andy. What the fuck would you say if I said I was going to have your kid, in nine months?”

“I would say that’s not possible.”

“Fucking hell, Andy, it’s completely possible!”

“No, it’s not! I always used protection; there is no way in hell that I could have gotten you pregnant!” He said, voice raising.

“I never said that you did get me pregnant.”

“You never said that I didn’t.”

“It wouldn’t matter now, would it? And besides, even if I were, you said yourself that you wouldn’t want it.”

“You’re not pregnant. I used protection. Always. Because kids aren’t for rockstars. Kids aren’t my thing. They probably won’t be for a long time.”

I closed my eyes slowly.

Kids aren’t for rock stars..

“This conversation is over; I have to go, Andy. I love you. I love you so much.”

He sounded confused. “I love you, too. I’ll see you when I get home next week, okay?”

“No. I don’t think…I don’t think that we’re…working out. I love you, really. I love you with everything I have, but I think we need to…break. up…Because I can’t handle this right now.” Next to admitting I was pregnant, that was the hardest thing I've done. It hurt physically, even, which I wasn't really expecting. I was beyond tears; to the point where I was mostly numb about it.

I pressed the little red button and tossed my phone on the coffee table.

“I think we need Sammi here. And ice cream. And more movies. And we’ll sit here and forget about everything until tomorrow. Because tonight, it’s a ‘fuck the world, I’m gonna hang with two of my best friends and chill and eat ice cream and watch the movies’ night.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my Godsmack, okay, so I'm going to have a sequel to this. This story will be coming to a close here in the next...I don't want to put a number on it exactly, but I'm estimating the next 5-10 chapters. There's so much happening for the sequel, and the last few chapters...Comments are love. P.S. I have amazing readers; you all brighten my day. =]