House Hunting

We sat down and I took out my laptop, immediately compiling a list of houses that were available to check out today.

When the food was brought over, it looked good for the first few minutes; everything was alright and not churning.

Until I asked Dante for a small pancake, and my stomach was not okay with hat.

“Shit,” I said, standing up as fast as I could, “Fuck. Oh man.”

I saw Sammi drop her fork and come after me as I practically ran to get to the bathroom. Much like Dante, she held back my hair and made sure I was alright.

“This is why I don’t want to get pregnant…” She said as I rinsed out my mouth for the third time.

I smiled a little as we headed back out.

Dante and Raven were finishing their food, and Sammi didn’t seem so hungry anymore.

“I have a list of houses we should check out today, and I think there’s this one over by where Sammi and Jinxx live that looks pretty promising.” I told them.

We paid for the food and piled back into the car, with me giving Dante directions to our first stop.

Despite the good-looking house in the ads, this one was rather run down and ratty. I may have forced Dante to drive away as quickly as possible.

The next few houses were alright, some of them a little too spacious, others were too small.

Around mid-day, we reached the house by Jinxx and Sammi’s apartment. It had dark red plush carpeted flooring in the living room, bedrooms, and hallways; had a very nice kitchen with a silver refrigerator, dark marble countertops and floors, an island in the middle; and then there was a studio, with wide windows where light beamed through, cool cement flooring, and plenty of room to paint and create visual arts or different sorts. The hallways were nice and perfectly spaced; the master bedroom was large and would easily fit everything I owned times two in it; the other three bedrooms were nice and Raven and Dante were already deciding which one would be whose. There was a rec room in the basement, where there was a bar, a pool table, and a mini-fridge; and a storage room that we all agreed would be a music room.

Sammi liked the rec-room most. “I think I’ll hang in here for a while.” She’d said.

“What do you think?” I asked Dante.

“I think Raven likes it; I know I like it. You can have the master bedroom; I’m cool with one of the others. They’re all pretty large anyway. And I think this neighborhood is perfect to raise a kid in. The school isn’t too far away, so Raven will manage. And we’ve got a few years before we have to enroll him or her in school anyways…” He rambled a little.

I adored that Dante was thinking about all that, when he could have just told me it was my problem and I should deal with it, instead of being the sweet dude he is and helping out. Before I really knew what I was doing, I had my arms wrapped around Dante’s middle and was hugging him tightly.

“Oh. Cool,” He said, hugging me back. “Plus, it’s in our price range, which, by the way, I can’t fucking believe. Oh, and she said it’s not for rent; only for sale.”

I hugged him tighter. “I think we have a house, D.”

“I think so, too. We have great luck when it comes to living arrangements.”

“Yes, yes we do. Let’s go talk to the lady and get this place. I don’t want anyone else to have it…”

He grinned and we went to talk to the lady.

“Hello Mr. Phoenix and Ms. Moore. Mr. Moore and Mrs. Doll are in the rec room if you’d like me to get them?” She was a really posh lady, and knew that we had relatively high power and influence in the music industry, so she was overly sweet to us.

“No, that’s alright. The house is definitely still open for sale?” Dante asked.

“Most definitely. Nobody with enough money has even tried to buy it yet. Are you interested? I could have my assistant bring over the papers right away, and you could be in by the end of the week.”

“Really?” I asked. “You mean it?”

“Of course, Ms. Moore. Will it be you and Mr. Moore signing the documents?”

I laughed, realizing that she thought Raven and I were married. “No, Raven is my little brother. He’s too young to be signing housing documents anyway. Dante and I will be signing them.”

“Indeed. I’ll call my assistant then, if you’re sure.”

“We are definitely sure.” Dante affirmed.

She smiled and walked into the kitchen to call her assistant.

Sammi and Raven came upstairs, hi-fiving one another, talking about pool.

“What’s up?” Raven asked.

“Well, Raven, we’re going to need boxes.” I told him.

His eyes widened a little. “No fucking way?”

“Yes way.” I smiled.

“Can I move in, too?” Sammi joked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nghn...it's drawing to a close. Just a few more chapters! Much love to all of you though. :D